Big W (1 Viewer)

nikki

just wondering whether anybody works at Big W doing nightfill. what are the hours, payrates like? would you reccommend it as a job for a uni student?

kalli

HSC
i used to work at nightfill Big W and i didnt know if i was working that night till that afternoon.... i had to ring up every day (sometimes more than once if they didnt hvae the list ready) to find out if i was working.... they told me i would be on a roster when i started.... be careful!

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Casmira said:
my mate is 15 and he gets $9.80 i can tell you that much

You only get between $7-8 when you work there while your 15, I have worked there since I was 14 and 10 months and Im 17 and a half now and earn the same as bushra said, basically on night fill they call you whenever they need some night fill ppl and ask if you can work that night and you say yes or no. Its very flexible but no assurance that you will actually get work.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
You only get between $7-8 when you work there while your 15, I have worked there since I was 14 and 10 months and Im 17 and a half now and earn the same as bushra said, basically on night fill they call you whenever they need some night fill ppl and ask if you can work that night and you say yes or no. Its very flexible but no assurance that you will actually get work.
yeah i agree, abc123.... if your big w store is anything like ours, the managers tend to ask people they like to work and ask the people that have worked their for a while. My friends brother recently got a job as nightfill, and in 6 months he has been called 4 times to work 3 hour shifts - and that was only when they were desperate.

If there is any way u could get onto some kind of part time contract then i think it would probably be a good job for a uni student. The rules have been changed so that you arent allowed to stay back past midnight anymore if the jobs set havent been completed. Before the rules were changed people had to stay back til 4 in the morning and they would never get paid overtime. It was pretty shit. But i think that if you explain your situation and try and get onto some kind of contract you should be right :)

HSC
modelzsuck said:
so he is bullshitting me, what a bastard

fillstar

HSC
dont do recovery... that is the worst

people who shop at big-w have no sense of respect for anyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)