BIggest difference between assessments and exam marks? (1 Viewer)

panicstation

HSC
In extension english, my teacher thought I would get 35 and my exam mark was 42. In Visual arts, my teacher assessed met at 85 and the exam mark was 92. I hate them both.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I've heard of someone who got 80 and 70 respectively. That makes 75 in some subject.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
74 external, 91 internal (17 marks)
This is for my Mathematics Extension 2.

As a side note, there are only three of us doing this subject at my school and I come last. I think there is a problem with my external mark, how do I inquire about this?

Oh, well, I think I just forget about this, as I have enough UAI anyway.

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
77 assessment 84 for exam for eng adv

proves my teacher unfavoured me and marked unfairly

pheelics1

HSC
A big difference between external and internal in no way 'proves' that some great injustice has been done by your teacher, so stop victimising yourself and maybe come to terms with the fact that you simply performed better or worse externally.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The biggest difference I had was 7 marks difference between my assessment mark and exam mark in SDD. All the other differences were 1-2 difference.

H.A.L.

HSC
I hope you're all not talking about the Assessment Marks that the BoS gave you, otherwise you have all been grossly misinformed about what the Assessment Mark actually is.

lala2

Banned
HSC
My HSC chemistry assessment mark was 81. My HSC chemistry exam mark was 92. 87 in total. Not happy, Jan!

Redkoala

HSC
H.A.L. said:
I hope you're all not talking about the Assessment Marks that the BoS gave you, otherwise you have all been grossly misinformed about what the Assessment Mark actually is.

haha true. I think they are just referring to the school mark, and the hsc mark that showed on the results page.

I got 79 internal for Modern History, and 93 external, but thats because I made a MASSIVE mistake in my trials. Thats a difference of 14. I'm glad I did well in the exam, because it brought my final mark up to 86... I was really worried about it after trials!

gemrism

HSC
13 marks for matsh ext 1
45/50 for the exam and 32/50 for assesment.
But thats because i studied my ass off at then end for matsh ext 1 because i knew it had to count to eat a unit of another subject!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
pheelics1 said:
A big difference between external and internal in no way 'proves' that some great injustice has been done by your teacher, so stop victimising yourself and maybe come to terms with the fact that you simply performed better or worse externally.

yes it does. well for me anyway. i equalled people in exam mark heaps higher than me and i thought i went worse

Riviet

HSC
N/A
panicstation said:
In extension english, my teacher thought I would get 35 and my exam mark was 42. In Visual arts, my teacher assessed met at 85 and the exam mark was 92. I hate them both.
It's likely that your teacher was trying to help you by making you work harder :p

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
panicstation said:
the teachers dont give you the assessment mark, it gets moderated by bos.

Ancient History:
Exam- 77
Assessment- 74

Biology:
Exam- 85
Assessment- 76

English Standard:
Exam- 80
Assessment- 75

Mathematics:
Exam- 79
Assessment- 68

Software Design:
Exam- 83
Assessment- 79

the differences within individual subjects dont seem too great, but all together they killed my UAI.

Actual UAI 75.15

SAM UAI estimate using assessment marks: 66.60
SAM UAI estimate using exam marks: 80.75

damnit...

panicstation

HSC
Of course it gets moderated by BoS but it is still based on the information that the school gives. Assessments and ranks are subjective, particularly if you are taught by the inexperienced or the inept.

sandz_2

HSC
96 assessment and 83 for exam marks = 90 for PDH/PE, i was kinda disappointed that my exam mark wasn't higher as i didnt realise how HIGH my internals were.. A LOT of scaling as i only calculated around 87%. O well.. at least i made it into a band 6.. i would of been really cut if i didn't..

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
chemistry
internal - 93
external - 86

lol

no wonder i left the exam feeling sick. HAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)