Bigw new store topryde anyone heard from them yet (1 Viewer)

gelato 123

HSC
has anyone been offered a job there yet? i had a group interview waiting for response from them they said call back in two weeks if u dont hear from them sooner. and so many people applied like 830 do u think everyone get invited to a group interview and i also applied for woolies same shopping centre havent heartd anything yet from them yet not even to attend group interview

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
lol. yeah i just got an interview from big w today from the new store at top ryde, i also applied for the woolies at top ryde but i havnt got any replies back.
so did you already attend your interview for big w?

gelato 123

HSC
yeh already had my interview with them. just waiting for them to call back to say if i got the job or not

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
mines next thursday, i reckon you'll just to have to wait because the store is opening in late october so even if they hire you now it would be too early. also i think the reason they haven't gotten back to you yet is because the applications are still open and they probably start hiring people when all the interviews are over. good luck!

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
i applied for checkout operator, how did your group interview go? I heard theres 3 activities involved, first is introducing someone, then you are given a scenario and promote a product. Did you have a short one-on-one interview at the end? oh btw how long has it been since your interview

gelato 123

HSC
the group interviews pretty easy. yeh u intoduce person next 2 u. next in a group u get a list and u have to prioritise the most important things to the least important. then u promote a product and then u answer a scenario individually. then 1 on 1 interview the interview they ask what days time u available if u have retail expereience they till u some of the rules of bigw like no facial piercings etc and thats bout it

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
if ur 17, u get about 11bucks/hour i think. hey gelato did u hear anything from them yet? i had my group interview today, the manager said if u dont hear from them in 2 weeks then u were probably unsuccessful, and they would send an email. if you are successful, they would give you a phone call in 2 weeks.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
If you are promoting a product in the group interview, make sure to check what country the product was made in and if it has a expiry date! I got nailed on that one and thought it cost me the job lol. But it was just recovery so they accept anyone, no matter how shit they are. There is a ex-Jail guy that does recovery at my store so it sorta shows what types they accept. Mind you that manager who hired him served 1 month Jail time after stealing stuff on incoming stock from Pallets..:haha: Yes my store is a little dodgy :)

830 people applied? You sure? The only hire around 100-250 people!

Last edited:

Trentyboi

HSC
Read rules please. Remember, being literate is a good thing! If you want help from others, please show them some respect. If someone asked you for help and was rude about it, would you offer them the help they wanted?

I'm not saying that I'm the champion of the English language, but at least the points that I am raising are understood.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
its nearly 2 weeks since my interview too and i havnt heard anything from big w, im getting quite impatient now too.
anyone thats had an interview with big w recently kindly share how long it took for them to give you a call? i cant even find the human resources contact number, because im considering on giving them a call to ask why havnt i heard anything. thanks

gelato 123

HSC
they emailed me back 1and a half week later and i got the job:). i can give u the store number if u like

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
hey gelato! congradulations on getting the job :) yes please that would be great if i could have the store number! do you mean they emailed u 1 and a half weeks later after you called them or after the interview?
thanks again

EDIT: I received an email from big w and i was offered the job today! maybe il see you at the top ryde store :)

Last edited:

curioussam

HSC
hey um, I want to apply for Big W top ryde, but I dont now how? how did you do it? i really need this job, i'm so sick of the one I got now and needa quit! haha
thankss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)