Binder or Book? (1 Viewer)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I don't know what I want to do for English and Physics :(

I know I'm using a book for all Maths and a binder for Economics since my teacher is a big handouts person T___T ~

I also know that I'll have a smaller notebook to do equations for in Physics and workbook questions (self- revision).

I feel like binder is a lot more organised but I really hate having to carry too many.

So binder or book?

nancylime

HSC
binder - you will need somewhere to store all your assessments along the way, and there will always be handouts. You get really bulked arms from carrying them so thats a positive.
If you're worries about size you could always get the smaller ones and use one for each topic/module?
It also makes it easier for teachers, if you have to hand stuff in, you can just hand in loose leaf paper rather than your whole book (because that way you cant revise your notes while your teacher is marking)

astroman

HSC
By the end of yr 12, you will have a shit ton of papers. I have loads of papers that I can't even organise them anymore. Best thing to do is to organise your notes by term and topic. Use a binder for school and drawers at home.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I use normal book but if you rip out stuff recommend binder because book just ends up falling apart

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep binders at home, and a lighter file type thing to carry the worksheets that you get during the day/need to bring in?

And grid book for maffs

sourmilk

HSC
I got the marbig colourhide books for my subjects this year and so far I realise the convenience I've been missing out. I got a shit load of sheets in Bio and I manage to just put it in the slot of the book :D

It's also good to have margins as lil notes next to your actual notes. I'm going to write syllabus dot points as we go aswell. So tbh I prefer binder, it's also nice if you wanna lend paper to people. The only downside if that I think over the year the binder of the book is going to break, so far I've notice bending and it's only day 2 :/

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I usually buy the Bantex duo ones which are made of this matte plastic-y material and it has lasted a bucketload of notes for Year 11 Economics, so I have no problem with breaking binders since it doesn't happen. Just evaluating whether I'll really enjoy holding like 2 - 3 binders on some days!

Hmmm...I quite like the idea of having a small binder at school and then one at home that you can drop stuff off into and leave at home. But in practice...I rather have everything with me

Jeff_

HSC
Right now I'm using exercise books for all subjects (except for English - last year only wrote used like 30 pages lol, since drafts are typed). Am I the only one who put books as well as handouts into binders lol.

On that note, I'm getting binders for each subject to store old sheets as the year goes along.

sourmilk

HSC
Also I like binders because they're easier to write on, when I had the non-binder books I always fold them so I could write on a page more carefully and focus all my energy on that one page, rather than having my arm resting on the other page. But it's just matter of preference tbh, I just have really poor eyesight and care too much about my handwriting.

sourmilk

HSC
Also I have like a 5 in 1 book at home to jot all my hw and syllabus notes in, just so I don't have to ruin my colourhide books..... (lmao) yeah I care way too much on the aesthetics of my books and handwriting, my friend today purposefully bumped into me as I was writing and I internally screamed.

In other news, does anyone know is maths binder books exist?

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Also I have like a 5 in 1 book at home to jot all my hw and syllabus notes in, just so I don't have to ruin my colourhide books..... (lmao) yeah I care way too much on the aesthetics of my books and handwriting, my friend today purposefully bumped into me as I was writing and I internally screamed.

I wish they did because my maths books always ends up dying.

Jeff_

HSC
Yep I got a couple maths binder books from Nextra newsagency. The brand is called GNS (Wholesale Stationers), the grid book binders seemed to only be in 128pg or 96pg I think, could send a pic of the cover if u want.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i made my own. I got a maths book and drilled holes in it. Took 5 minutes tops and is soo much better than struggling with a non-binder maths book

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep I got a couple maths binder books from Nextra newsagency. The brand is called GNS (Wholesale Stationers), the grid book binders seemed to only be in 128pg or 96pg I think, could send a pic of the cover if u want.
Same brand I currently used. Can't remember the old brand that I use to prefer, maybe they've stopped selling them :(

Jeff_

HSC
i made my own. I got a maths book and drilled holes in it. Took 5 minutes tops and is soo much better than struggling with a non-binder maths book
Haha I had to take off the staples, then punchole several pages at a time then restapled them back like you would against a wall lol :p

blackbird_14

HSC
I have a 128 grid book for maths from the officeworks generic brand- I think it's called studymate? And last time I went to officeworks I think it was there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)