biol1901/1101 chem1901/1101 (1 Viewer)

cheezle

Right. Anyone here who does these ?

I'm enrolled in them, but due part to laziness and misplaced complacency, and part to other real issues, have only turned up to about half-threequarters of chem, and less than half of bio. Its become blatantly obvious in the past few days that I haven't actually done much.
I've put in a massive effort the last few days trying to write out notes, but it also is becoming obvious that I don't have time to summarise everything properly and study from that.
Anyone better prepared than me have any suggestions of the points/areas/equations I will *have* to know to pass ?

I have an ok general knowledge from reading, but anything that would require me to sit down and actually work to remember, like calculations in chem, or all the DNA processses in bio i don't know and i have a limited time in which to cram what will fit in.

Also, whats the deal with advanced ? I do advanced for both, but the comparing with people in normal, the content is same/similar. Are my exams going to be harder (making me even more screwed) ? Do a higher percentage of advanced get credit etc ? Anyone know the percentage of people that pass ? What mark do you have to get to keep doing advanced subjects i.e whats the lowest you can get before they kick you down to normal ?

On a slightly tangential note, I asked someone in administration at uni, he said for special consideration, unless its medical, you've got no chance. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

Ah fuck, i've got myself into such a hole.

Well, thats my 20 questions. If anyone could answer one/more, I would worship you forever.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I do CHEM1101.

Most of the topics in chem require active calculation unfortunately, so you should summarise all the formulas by going through the lecture notes, and so you will atleast know how to do the basic substitution questions for those formulas.

Anyway, that's one thing answered, so now you gotta worship me forever. :D

And for bio, don't bother cramming the DNA notes. You won't be able to remember all the technicals by test day, so just remember all the stuff that's easiest. Focus on the topics you're best at, and don't bother starting on ones you haven't started yet because it's too late.

There, that's two answered.. now you gotta worship me AND buy me Krispy Kreme donuts. :D

lengstar

HSC
i'm more screw then him...the only way you gonna get yourself out of this is to efficiently and calmly work through all the notes including the lab notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)