Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

wigglestein

HSC
Did anyone do genetics what was that question with gene mapping

And I found that this exam was harder then previous years
Where in the syllabus do they say to learn that specific mapping technique? No text book has that... I want to appeal for anxiety from that Q.:cry:

Last edited:

Anousha

HSC
That wasn't an easy exam.. did everyone finish in time/have extra time left ? some people left an hour early..

Flop21

HSC
What did people draw for the diagram of results testing water purifying tablets. I drew 2 agar plates
I drew 3. One control - distilled water, one with the tablet, one with no tablet. Then drew microbes on the one with no tablet.

What did people get for the diagram of the cell - pathogen???

Catz

HSC
Where in the syllabus do they say to learn that specific mapping technique? No text book has that... I want to appeal for anxiety from that Q.:cry:
Omg i know right I saw it and straight away said where is that one the syllabus starting to find exact gene mapping

Flop21

HSC
That wasn't an easy exam.. did everyone finish in time/have extra time left ? some people left an hour early..
I finished in time, but was working in the test right till the last 10 minutes. I would have liked more time to check my MC, but only had like a minute to check, so didn't change anything, just left it.

Mariam97x

HSC
N/A
what do you guys think the cut off for band 6 is going to be for biology this year?

Flop21

HSC
They said core body temp though + posterior hypothalamus is responsible for initiating warm-up mechanisms [so brain]
This was a weird diagram, anyone got a pic??? Probably got it wrong.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I drew 3. One control - distilled water, one with the tablet, one with no tablet. Then drew microbes on the one with no tablet.

What did people get for the diagram of the cell - pathogen???
I put bacterium, because it had a cell and a plasma membrane.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
They should have specified at least what the cell wall was made out of honestly.

Flop21

HSC
i dont think its transcription... theres no uracil. which is the whole purpose of transcription. mRNA only has A U G C
FUCK

just realised that, that's so annoying. I kept thinking to myself it had to be something specific since saying 'dna replication' was too vague because it wasn't showing the whole thingo, blah.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
FUCK

just realised that, that's so annoying. I kept thinking to myself it had to be something specific since saying 'dna replication' was too vague because it wasn't showing the whole thingo, blah.
What did you put for the structures not shown? I said double helix structure and nucleotides (since it only showed the bases).

Flop21

HSC
I put bacterium, because it had a cell and a plasma membrane.
I put bacteria too since I know that's the only one without a nucleus and membrane bound organelles. And it didn't show a nucleus.

Multiverse

HSC
For the question involving creek water, and the purifying tablets, did it say to draw a graph or a diagram?! I drew a graph....... :(

Flop21

HSC
What did you put for the structures not shown? I said double helix structure and nucleotides (since it only showed the bases).
Same here, I specifically mentioned the missing sugar and phosphate missing + helix shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)