Biology = Poo. HELP? :) (1 Viewer)

gemgem101

HSC
Okay, so I got my half yearly results back this past week.
And I did effing awesome in the majority of my subjects.. With marks ranging from 75% - 96%. I was happy as larry!
That is before I received my biology exam back. Anybody wanna tell me that 31% doesnt suck arabian monkey balls?
Haha, needless to say, I need a helping hand. If there are any biology genius's out there, i will fall to my knees and kiss your god blessed feet in exchange for any advice in regards to improvements and notes, etc!
My teacher sucks, and said she was gonna quit because our exams were so bad. I wish she would - she doesnt know what she is doing!
The fact that only two people in our class passed (and barely) is an indication that she isnt doing her job properly.
Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
to be frank...biology is purely just memorizing crap up...the teachers dont do much ...YOU have got to go over your notes again and again...basically a bio teacher just tells you whats in the textbook.

do not depend on the teacher---use bos resources+ text book yes?

HSC
to be frank...biology is purely just memorizing crap up...the teachers dont do much ...YOU have got to go over your notes again and again...basically a bio teacher just tells you whats in the textbook.

do not depend on the teacher---use bos resources+ text book yes?
i disagree.
you need an actual understanding of the stuff. thats where a teacher can help.

Shmorbs

HSC
lol @ me reading this and going hmmmm in same situation
then realising it was u gemma hahahhahahhaa

bio bhhs 09 for life XD

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Hmm.. if you could my advice would be to drop it, but it seems you don't have enough units...

I studied Biology by looking at the syllabus and write at least a paragraph for each syllabus point, then the usual past paper practice. I also used the Dot Point workbook....that's all I can really say.

If most of your class failed then I would guess your teacher is a harsh marker, my school mark was pretty shit too, 60s-70s in half yrly and as low as 50s in some assignments, but I ended getting 93 in the HSC. So assuming you are in the same boat as me, then things should be fine, if not, studying harder is all I can say.

gemgem101

HSC
Hmm.. if you could my advice would be to drop it, but it seems you don't have enough units...

I studied Biology by looking at the syllabus and write at least a paragraph for each syllabus point, then the usual past paper practice. I also used the Dot Point workbook....that's all I can really say.

If most of your class failed then I would guess your teacher is a harsh marker, my school mark was pretty shit too, 60s-70s in half yrly and as low as 50s in some assignments, but I ended getting 93 in the HSC. So assuming you are in the same boat as me, then things should be fine, if not, studying harder is all I can say.

Okay thanks!
Yeah, I would drop it if I could.. I was good at maths, I just hated it.
Stupid decision to drop it..
But eh, "Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again".
I think I'll take your advice and write paragraphs about the dot points, at least then see if I can get back on my feet and at least pass!

PS. Hi corby! Ily :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)