Biology Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Disssi

HSC
N/A
I did this
“Yea I broke up my answer into evaluating each step of the methods. maintaining biodiversity,prevention the transgenic salmon from ruining the natural gene pool, quarantine and isolate preventing breeding and changing biodiversity etc...”
HAHAHA I DID THE SAME THINGGG

studylime

HSC
Piss easy brah had like 30 mins to spare so I was like I'll just get some food n go home
lol same I was getting really hungry so I doubled checked my paper once and left (and discovered that 70% of the class already left before me)

Last edited:

zizi2003_

HSC
hey guys for the ovulation short answer question which asked what test is valid blah blah
did yall say test 2 or 3 ?

lily5885

HSC
Mainly reliability validity and accuracy but idk if that’s what we were supposed to
yes i did that tooo. i said how the case had a small sample space and other factors neededto be cosideredtomake the desgnmore accurate valid and reliable

Samarth shah

HSC
Mainly reliability validity and accuracy but idk if that’s what we were supposed to
what did yall write about for the placebo drug question
I did what everyone else said like small sample space stuff like that for reliability and validity but I also stated study is invalid because the thing being measured is subjective thus is not accurate way of measuring how bad something is and i backed it with placebo test having similar score to actual drug

IDK and IDC

HSC
I did what everyone else said like small sample space stuff like that for reliability and validity but I also stated study is invalid because the thing being measured is subjective thus is not accurate way of measuring how bad something is and i backed it with placebo test having similar score to actual drug
ye did that too for the averages being similar, the question was pretty similar to the mean and standard deviation question from last year

yly417692

HSC
what did yall write about for the placebo drug question
Subjectivity of the test, potential differences between the groups such as comorbidities creating similar side effects such as fatigue from iron deficiency being incorrectly attributed to the statin by the patients, the period of time over which the study was conducted etc.

I also hypothesised that a psychological factor may have contributed to the relatively high rating of the placebo and expressed concerns about 20% of patients foregoing a potentially lifesaving treatment, and how the scoring appeared to be relatively low (16.3/100, disregarding a potential psychological factor) not justifying stopping the treatment.

IDK I just brain-dumped everything I could think of.

Last edited:

mikrokosmos

HSC
I’m so late BUT the wording of the pig question being one benefit and limitation of the farms - I wrote benefit and limitation for both farms like so 4 points in total hbu??

StudyerIA

HSC
I’m so late BUT the wording of the pig question being one benefit and limitation of the farms - I wrote benefit and limitation for both farms like so 4 points in total hbu??
yes same that is what I did. what did u write for it?

lily5885

HSC
did anyone talk about the koala being an endotherm and conduction happening as it holds on the tree and how its a behavioural adaptations for one of the pictures

lily5885

HSC
also for the zebra question i talked about 3 things which is bottlenecking, gene flow and co-dominance are those even right lol

nini.nico

HSC
looking at this thread im predicting im gonna fail this exam 😭

yly417692

HSC
also for the zebra question i talked about 3 things which is bottlenecking, gene flow and co-dominance are those even right lol
I put bottlenecking through habitat reduction and genetic drift as the population is small and isolated.

Gene flow is the transfer of alleles from one population to another increasing genetic biodiversity and the population was stated to be ISOLATED in the exam. I don't know enough about coat patterns to tell if the new pattern shows traits of two alternative coat pattern/coat pattern alleles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)