Biology Probs- Please Help (1 Viewer)

Lucy Loo

Hey everyone. I am desperately in need of information on Biology- could someone please tell me the ESSENTIAL items i must know for my trials- like things i should know just in case- im soooo desperate and im for sure gonna fail.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jims

HSC
u should just do any past hsc or trial papers if your in a rush.

but u shoud really go through your whole syllabus and know stuff for all the dot points.

WF~

well , depending on how long u have i would say stick to your syllabus and read over some notes.
thing is to give yourself some time dont study bio over night or wat ever coz dat jsut doesn't work.
and yer by doing past papers u can find out wat u don't know and onece u know wat your weaknesses are u run through your syllabus and commit them to memo.

well all the best luck ^^ ;)

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Bio is all about memorising stuff, if you have a good memory, then you will find bio extremely easy. On the other hand, if your memory isn't that good, then i can't help you...except you have to study twice as had :(

ToOL

you need to know maintaining a balance blueprint of life and search for a better health... and ur option
lol

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Go through all of the core topics and your options... if you're really having trouble, consult a teacher... but maybe borrow/buy a few textbooks, as I have recommended in the "study for biology" sticky... just go through past papers and your copy of the syllabus.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
babydoll please help. i'm lost with chromosomes, genes, DNA. Where are they located? and what is the function of each. Thanks

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The relationship between chromosomes and DNA? Ok here goes.

DNA is that double helix structure thing. It consists of phosphates, sugars and the bases - A, T, C, G (you dont need to know the names).
Chromosomes consist of DNA, they are found in the nucleus of a cell.

Have a look at www.biology-online.org ... theres a lot of stuff there... cos your question is very general... and to tell the truth, I find the gene/chromosome/DNA relationship hard to remember as well! I'll have to check my notes.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Thats right

Tell the truth, I dont think you really need to know about it, I've never seen it in an exam

~Dreamer

HSC
im not good at the sequencing, but something similiar to that was in cssa trials....

babydoll do u know if STANSW trial papers for biology can be obtained by students who did not sit the exam as their trial

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hmm... I didnt see it anywhere.

I have the STANSW Biology Trials, they are included in my copy of Success One Biology. I won't scan them though - copyright etc.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Ask your teacher; they should be able to obtain a copy for you.

~Dreamer

HSC
i considered that, if he wasnt absent for the past week i would've asked him!...stupid teacher, anyways thanks for your help! you're a great mod!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
:) I try my best.

I'd like to take the time now to say something else... DONT WASTE THE LAST WEEKS OF THIS TERM! this is valuable revision time! Don't bludge, at least read through your notes and do some past papers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)