biology sux (1 Viewer)

letmein

i am a hsc student, studying biology (if you can call it studying)!!
:confused:
we have had that many biology teachers, i couldn't keep track of them:rolleyes: . The last one blew his stack, and packed up and left leaving us in the lurch.:argue:
if only i could get my hands on him :chainsaw: :axedeath:

:evilfire:

if anyone could please help us, with any information you might have, it would be very much appreciated.
:drink:

pleeeeezzzzzz heellpp!!!
;)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
don't worry about it so much..biology is one of them subjects where it doesn't really matter whether or not you have a teacher.

i suggest you go and check out www.hsc.csu.edu.au/biology to start with. it has everything except the blueprint of life. however crap it is, it should give you an idea of what you need to know. after that, summarizing the syllabus dot points using textbooks and other internet resources should be sufficient. if you can do that you should ace bio. GOODLUCK!

by the way, answer each point using the HSC verbs - very very important.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
very TRUE!!!! bio doesn't need a teacher.....so instead of crying over ur teacher , just forget him/her and start WORKING!!!!

asl2

don't ruin your hsc due to incompetent teachers... thats a problem quiet often at ur school as well... you need to summarize and revise your notes your self.... remember... teachers and mentors will only show you to the door... you're the one who has to walk through it.... Good Luck

Akira_Tikira

I think there is a problem with quality BIOLOGY teachers. Half of them are simply semi-retired ladies who just simply want us to copy notes from overheads that was passed down to them from the past year. The real committted ones are hard to find.

Just study yourself, make sure you know the course well

s2ophie

HSC
i have a really great biology teacher. We have all girls (but 1) in our class and she gets a long with all of us. Most importantly, for every bit of work we do she makes it clear which dot point we are doing. it makes it so much easier to write summaries.

The only other thing i would reccommend is numbering your dot points. most people proabaly do but few at m school do. What i do is give letters of the alphabet to each dp. If you wirte above a page 4.c when you are writing it in class, You know immediately what DP it relates to when you come to studying.

s2ophie

HSC
Remember, the syllabus is your friend

SaO

i was spewin coz i had dis shitty bio teacher but den i learnt dat ur syllabus n a good textbook can be ur best friend.. like the others were sayin know the answers 2 the dot points n ull go good

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
What you should do is get a good textbook (Heinemann and Jacaranda are nice), and go through the syllabus d/p by d/p. Also, the BoS site contains some summaries as well. At the end of each week, summarise your week's notes and go through what you don't understand with friends or on this forum or whatever.

I'm coming 1st in biology at my school, so I must be doing something right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)