Biophysical Interactions - Diverse Ecosystems + Functioning (1 Viewer)

lath

HSC
How would you structure an answer to this extended response question:
Explain the biophysical interactions which lead to diverse ecosytems and their functioning.

jonahpetrie

HSC
Firstly you would isolate your two case study areas eg Alipne/Coral reefs within your introduction.
You would then explain that both involve a complex interaction of abiotic and biotic factors that make up the biosphere found - include examples of niche environments and the utiliastion of the lithosphere by biotic elements. Eg, how certain sea animals utilise their environment.
So a basic structure:
Intro-state your two environments/what the biophys interactions are/ how their interaction leads to diverse/functioning ecosystems
P1- Alpine, Outline biophysical environment/ describe the interactions that are occuring/produce examples of interaction
P2- Coral Reefs-Same basic idea
(maybe break each main para into two seperate)
Always address the question, take time to plan your respone (5mins), include a lot of data, make your response a logical progression and you should put yourself in the b6 range
hope it helps

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
? I don't think you need to isolate your two case studies or whatever. I think I did something like this in trials. If it doesn't specifically say with reference to at least one specific environment/case study etc. you can just use a number of different ones.

I would structure it via the interactions that exist, then use examples of the ecosystems (case study + non-case study) since the focus is on biophysical interactions, not a specific ecosystem. It would be good to include a range of ecosystems since it actually shows how they can be 'diverse'.

lath

HSC
? I don't think you need to isolate your two case studies or whatever. I think I did something like this in trials. If it doesn't specifically say with reference to at least one specific environment/case study etc. you can just use a number of different ones.

I would structure it via the interactions that exist, then use examples of the ecosystems (case study + non-case study) since the focus is on biophysical interactions, not a specific ecosystem. It would be good to include a range of ecosystems since it actually shows how they can be 'diverse'.
What would be some good examples for this question?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
What would be some good examples for this question?
Well for example, in my trials I talked about rainforests (e.g. atmosphere: warm, moist conditions which speed up growth and decay, hydrosphere: high rainfall), reefs, polar etc.

You can talk about anything really; dune, alpine, wetlands, tundra. The more you use, the more you can actually show it's 'diversity', but don't go overboard. I just used two in every paragraph on each biophysical component, and I linked the components as well from paragraph to paragraph to show how they 'interact' e.g. the rainforest example -> high rainfall ultimately creates warm, moist conditions; interaction of both = v high biodiversity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)