Bird Flu and Quarantine (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Ok, so, for the quarantine dot points, has anyone used the recent bird flu pandemic as a worked example?
If so, care to share :)??????

Bokky

HSC
Yeah, there was a question on bird flu and quarantine in last years paper showing a map and how far south bird flu has come to australia and it asked u to evaluate the effectiveness of quarantine measures in australia using bird flu as an example. But i recon that the government won't do enough to prevent the spread of bird flu into australia if it mutates into a form which can be make it infectious and spreadable between humans. My personal opinion is we need to stockpile the drug "Tamiflu" and have it secure in the home and not use it until we ourselves become infected (this is if it poses threat to people). Another of my view points is if there are cases of bird flu spreading between humans SUSPEND all flights into australia from those areas affected, because we cant afford to let a person into the country and let 5-6 million australians get infected and half of them die just because this one person wants to come for a holiday from Thailand or Bangkok.

SmileyCam

HSC
Bokky said:
My personal opinion is we need to stockpile the drug "Tamiflu" and have it secure in the home and not use it until we ourselves become infected (this is if it poses threat to people).
That's what they're doing

SmileyCam

HSC
Bokky said:
Another of my view points is if there are cases of bird flu spreading between humans SUSPEND all flights into australia from those areas affected, because we cant afford to let a person into the country and let 5-6 million australians get infected and half of them die just because this one person wants to come for a holiday from Thailand or Bangkok.
This isn't a dictatorship

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
i think u also have to talk about how the spread of bird flu by naturally migrating birds into australia cant be controlled. meh i dont know

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
^ ye i agree it cant be controlled by flying bird so thats an innefectiveness of aus quarantine because the australian quarantine inspection service (aqis) covers and inspects all entry points in australia from the land near coastal ans sea areas and through airplane stations so they cant really inspect every bird that flies through into australia.. but i doubt they will put this q in this year as they asked it last year.. might aswell study it anyways.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i just thought it was current....maybe TOO current tho...(ie they wrote the paper ages ago)

Speaking of which, are there any current issues pertaining to bio that y'all reckon might be asked??? I cant really think of any, but im sure there will be (there always is!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)