bizorgs + ip (1 Viewer)

HSC
don't worry too much about it - yes it's a small part of the act, and as much of it appears to be untested it's basically about applying the statute to the facts. i seriously spent ages trying to work out ways to supplement it, but ultimately this area of law remains unclear - which makes it easier for us in a way because there's not much to go through

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Did you guys mention director duties? I thought we didn't have to put it in, but the latest slides and iLecture available talk about it and Vij said on the messageboard that all lecture we've had will be examined??

:confused:

HSC
i think the main thing in this assignment is to not overthink it - alot of info we've covered won't be relevant to the questions

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I hadn't thought (or read) much about it; it was just a passing thought. Could it be said that Fiona had a duty to not have negligently reassured Tom about the "legal diatribe" regarding the increase or something?

ARGH I'M OVERTHINKING IT!

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
i think the main thing in this assignment is to not overthink it -
not overthinking is where i'm a viking!

iwannarock

HSC
i've done q1 except for peter.

i still dont understand peters shares and his estate business.

so what does it mean, if his estate gets the shares through succession....what does that have to do with the contracts? i cant just say "oh well peter wasnt a director because the company wasn't registered" and thats it. is it to do with the estates liability if they dont ratify the first contract and vietnam start proceedings for damages? if shares registered.....then estate liable?...if not......then........i dunno:confused:

fuck it im leaving that til last.....i've been sitting here for too long pondering it and getting no where.

on to q 2 and q 3 i go.

iwannarock

HSC
yaaaaaaaaaay.

messages!

excellent.

i was overthinking it attempting to make a big deal of something that seems isnt that big a deal.

im currently wrapping up q2.

then crim code.

hazah.

iwannarock

HSC
3247 words.

im done.

bibliography time.

then i run and search for a printer since mine stopped working.

so over law.

when i get home im gonna look for plane tickets one way to fiji.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Yep, I agree that peter isnt a director, but I just mentioned it so it looked like I had some vague understanding of the difference between partnerships and how a director is an employee and so when they are dead, they are dead and dont matter.

The shares killed me, I hated them. Like Scarecrow, I just said what would happen either way.

It sucks not having the internet in my poor little flat. I miss out on all this discussion and then make it in eventually when its all over and done with.

I hate law. I want it to be over. Only one more year to go... but its going to be a looooong year :(

p.s. how beautiful is the weather? Making it even harder to stay focused and work.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
At 3220 words, I'm so done! God what a terrible assignment. Everything I wrote either felt overly simplistic or overly complicated (in a completely irrelevant way). Either way, too late to change! :p

HSC
Help help help arrhhh

this stupid idea/expression dichotomy paper is due wednesday, and i can't believe how frigging stupid i was to choose this question - i so do not understand it - i don't get the computer cases so i don't get how to differentiate them from the literary works, i don't get how mono pumps fits in let alone how the heck i'm going to structure the values section. plus i've got a fun other assignment i haven't started (a presentation) due the same day. i don't know how the heck i'm going to do this - and i've been trying to get someone to brain me with a desk to get me out of it but thus far no takers (which i find strange, since i am quite annoying). any suggestions guys? belinda which one are u doing? does anyone get the idea/expression thing and computer programs v whatever the hell else it's on about?

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I'm actually doing my own research question, but it does concern the whole ideas/expressions (and originality) principles. Mono pumps basically saying that law protects expressions, not ideas. Basically, the law protects the actual design of the pump, but only when it's expressed (e.g. drawn out) and not when it's just an idea floating around. I think that's what it is. I'm not quite sure how to link it with the computers stuff cos I'm not doing that... perhaps you have research that better links computer-related copyright issues with the ideas/expressions dichotomy?

iwannarock

HSC
im doing the moral rights question by default. ideas/expressions confuses me, number 3 is patents so fuck that , and as if i'd be good enough to think of my own question.:rofl:

i just got a bunch of moral rights articles from agis.

dont know if they're useful. i'll try and read them tonight then start writing 2morow. gonna be fun.:burn:

im gonna use the "write everything i know about moral rights and relate it ambiguously to the question" method.

looks like we're all doing different things.

good luck everyone.

:santa:

HSC
clever boy, moral rights is the easy one - man oh man do i wish i'd picked that. it's a bit late to be reading articles now though, considering i've also got this other thing to get done. looks like i'm stuck with idea/expression dichotomy, at least until i can get someone to brain me with a table.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I might be talking out of my ass... but... with the computer program cases, can you mention the Apple case which stated that it had to be perceptible to the human senses, but that was changed (I think by the following case in the text). And there was something else about the end user; if the end user needed to do something themselves, then it wasn't copyrightable? Something to do with the fact the program needed to do everything itself? Because once an end user was involved then it needed them to keep going and existing...

or something...

As I said, I dont know at all. My question doesnt even vaguely touch on it.

Sorry sweetheart! :( Dont stress!

iwannarock

HSC
im 1800 words in.

fuck this stupid question.

i really thought it was gonna be easy. i had all my moral rights articles in front of me. i could blab on about moral rights all day.

but relating it to the stupid question argh!

fuck Hill J. his statement is bullshit. what a doofus. Wilcox J.....now hes a thinker.

his statement has very little to do with the current moral rights legislation.

i think i answered the question 500 words ago.

now i've just gone on a tangent talking about all things moral rights.

i'll bring it back to the question in the last 100 words or so and everything will be wrapped up in a nice little packaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge.

:burn:

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
i just finished. 2517 words

fuck this assignment.

im still angry at biz orgs too. so fuck that.

and while we're at it fuck law too.

i searched prices its $2000 one way to jamaica........but they had no flights leaving this very second to kingston. i would have had to wait til nov 1st.

i wonder how much it costs one way to amsterdam.

*googles*

iwannarock

HSC
so death week is growing closer.

i bought my legal ethics textbook today.

had to go to uts co op to get it.

im never gonna bother with maq.....i'll just get everything from uts co op.

tuesday wednesday thursday.

what a gauntlet of fuck. i have no idea what legal ethics is even gonna be like. the subject hasnt existed for me. and saturday sunday im gonna have to catch up on oh...........about 13 weeks of ip law. no make that 12. yes because i know about moral rights with my *cough* brilliant assignment.

oh........and have u guys seen web ct for bus orgs.

i was looking at the suggested things for the problem question and i thought "i dont remember talking about ANY of this".

then i opened up my assignment......and read it again. i did actually talk about some of the stuff. but theres stuff i didnt. a lot of stuff.

i sense imminent fail.

and can i just say.........this sebastian hartford davis............wow. he is a god. or atleast a demigod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)