=Bladerunner= (1 Viewer)

TAZ33

HSC
I recently watched bladerunner based on the adaptation of Brave New World.

If u have seen the movie, how would you see it as ambiguous in the sense that it is capable of endless and multiple interpretation?

I also want to know what mark you would give it out of 10 in terms of its entertainment value. coz b4 i read the thread on BOS i didnt know what the hell was goin on => thats prob why i got a little bored.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
no, bos isnt here to do your school work. think of your own stuff.

but on entertainment value, i reckon about 8. i liked it. better than BNW anyway, which i didnt even read.

pc3k

HSC
TAZ33 said:
I recently watched bladerunner based on the adaptation of Brave New World..
bladerunner isn't an adaptation of brave new world, they just share similar themes. BNW is a really good read btw, although i seem to be in a minority
:-(

PLURFECT!

HSC
pc3k said:
bladerunner isn't an adaptation of brave new world, they just share similar themes. BNW is a really good read btw, although i seem to be in a minority
I'm definitely in that minority with you, i think BNW is amazing. :)

better than BNW anyway, whicih i didnt even read.
Don't knock it till you've read it. ;)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Bladerunner is an adaptation of the 1968 science fiction novel " Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick.

ladyknight

HSC
Yeah, most of my classmates thought I was crazy for liking BNW! I loved the symbolism, etc. of the film BR, but BNW is enjoyable too, and the mutual themes absolutely make sense, even *or especially* today.
And seriously dude, be smart before you criticise.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
TAZ33 said:
like someone else said. BR isnt an adaptation of BNW.

If u have seen the movie, would you see it as ambiguous in the sense that it is capable of endless and multiple interpretation?
Yes. Particularly if you consider whether or not deckard is a replicant. My English teacher said that Ridley scott said that he intended deckard to be a replicant, however, he could be seen as human as well. So what does this say about humanity if he is a replicant? doesnt the message becomes even more dire?

this belongs either in the MOVIE subforum, or the English Advance forum.
If you're hoping to discuss its entertainment value, go here:
Movies
If you want to discuss it in reference to your english course:
Comparative study of texts & context

Or, you could just use this to find similar threads:
:)

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Hmmm Electric sheep...

Textual Integrit y :D Thats all I learnt for the HSC

Pierotte

HSC
TAZ33 said:

If u have seen the movie, how would you see it as ambiguous in the sense that it is capable of endless and multiple interpretation?

I also want to know what mark you would give it out of 10 in terms of its entertainment value. coz b4 i read the thread on BOS i didnt know what the hell was goin on => thats prob why i got a little bored.
Since several people have pointed out that BR is not based on an adaptation of BNW i wont point it out again...

Yes, it IS ambiguous.
Thats the point.
Its good so you can form your own ideas and interpretations and still be able to justify them.

I really quite enjoyed both BNW and BR ...
If you didnt understand BNW please please please try read it a second time.
For your own benefit!
Now that you know what its about youll know what to look for and it should make more sense.
Try understand what Huxley was really saying and HOW he said it.

Dont get bored, dont tune out, read through it, continually pcik quotes that interest you, make events that seem significant to you, analyse characters that intrigue you

byt he time the HSC comes around you should have read this book no less that 5 times!

Once to get an idea
Once to strengthen that idea
Once to pick up on anything you may have missed
Once to really pull it apart and REALLY develop an understanding of it
Once for the sole purpose of finding quotes and marking chapters to reference to in essays.

Good luck!

Life Starts Now

stressful?...NEVER!
HSC
I was just wondering, does anyone have a copy of the Blade Runner - Director's Cut script? I just wanted to have a look at it and stuff..but I can't seem to find the director's cut version..only the commercial one. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks

Dragie

HSC
pc3k said:
I agree with you - one of the few excellent english texts around. I think it's awesome

Lexie1001

HSC
i really enjoyed bnw until we had to start analysing it in class - then i just got sick of it. id rate br 4/10 - i found it really boring and went to sleep in the second half. i don't find it very deep at all and have no idea how you can analyse it about our relationship with nature.

Lexie1001

HSC
mzdirector said:
I was just wondering, does anyone have a copy of the Blade Runner - Director's Cut script? I just wanted to have a look at it and stuff..but I can't seem to find the director's cut version..only the commercial one. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks
i had a look on the net too and couldn't find it either this one http://sfy.ru/sfy.html?script=blade_runner_ts was pretty close though, i just ignored the 'deckard voice-over' bits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)