Bladerunner_the Eye (1 Viewer)

HSC
i was woundering wat the eye represents in the beginning of the film...any ideas...wat i think it shows destruction to the future world where life is lost to a tragic life...

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
Hey, i thought the eye at the beginning implyed the destruction described in the film, it also gave me the sense of looking at it from their perseptive. Maybe it was a replicants eye, did you know, that their eyes flash red though the film? Like the owls!! it took me awhile to find them though!
Hope i helped.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
we had practically had a lesson devoted to this damn eye...everyone was arguing over whether it was an "all seeing eye" , another arguement was that it was a masonic symbol ( the flat topped pyramid with the eye on top and the rest of the pyramid on top of the eye) because it was juxtaposed to Tyrell's zigurat (stopping short of heaven ?) another one was that it was the window to the soul, so cos it reflected the fire and destruction, it was representative of humanitys destabilisation and the moving away from nature. The last arguement was that it was some creative technique thrown in by Scott to make his film look all mad and creative :D
Im very sorry if ive confused you lol

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Window to the soul is what I've used. It's also a recurring motif in that chinese dudes (forgot name) shop + the eye test for emotions.

Basically using that interpretation of the soul, you can relate that souls are MANUFACTURED (represented by the eye) in BR; same as BNW where they're genetically engineered on the production line. :cool:

HSC
we were told tht the eye could be holden the guy who gets killed as he looks through the fake light window but his looking up to it not through it?? oh and wat abt harrison ford( i think thts the name) is he a replicant aswel, cus the way he treated racheal was human like??

Bec_NOT_Brooke said:
Hey, i thought the eye at the beginning implyed the destruction described in the film, it also gave me the sense of looking at it from their perseptive. Maybe it was a replicants eye, did you know, that their eyes flash red though the film? Like the owls!! it took me awhile to find them though!
Hope i helped.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
me_too_scared said:
i was woundering wat the eye represents in the beginning of the film...any ideas...wat i think it shows destruction to the future world where life is lost to a tragic life...
I actually thought the eye may represent the paranoia and "all seeing" police and authoritative force. Or alternatively, the search for what is real/what is not, also symbolised by the constant searchlights shown in the film.

malkin86

HSC
The eye at the beginning is supposed to be Holden's eye, (from the script) and it looks down over the city (which looks somewhat like a technological Hell).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)