• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blasts rip through Bali again (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
tempco said:
no?
and i find your sweeping generalisation pretty interesting too.
Well you are more than welcome to rebutt the presumption that you are not a hardline evangelist who will not associate with anything other than christians. (It's a reasonable generalisation. It's like presuming that a member of the KKK is a racist. Or a member of the ALP likes medicare)

I tend to check this by asking whether you think christian people are better than non christian people. More trustworthy better people. Do you agree?

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
erawamai said:
I tend to check this by asking whether you think christian people are better than non christian people. More trustworthy better people. Do you agree?
a trustworthy person is a trustworthy person, regardless of whether or not his/her framework is religion, or otherwise.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
tempco said:
a trustworthy person is a trustworthy person, regardless of whether or not his/her framework is religion, or otherwise.
Thankyou for the clarification. I'm well aware that some of your peers do not share your view. You get the benefit of the doubt.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Stupid question erawamai.
Why?

If he was in iraq right now would be kill Australian soldiers in the name of the resistance?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Is he Iraqi? Is he in Iraq?
It's called a 'hypothetical'

Considering that he supports the resistance while living in Australia I wonder if he would consider fighting in the resistance in Iraq. If he would be proud to do so?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Deus, what is your definition of a terrorist act?

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
The invasion of Iraq was eventually given UN approval. Hence it is legal.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
He is talking from their point of view. The people in Iraq have evry right to attack and kill people who are occupying their lands. If Z nizzle was born in Iraq he would fight Australian troops. Why wouldn't he?
Would you, since you feel strongly for the resistance, go and fight in iraq for the resistance?

the ISSUE is whether he would, as an Australian citizen, consider going to Iraq and fighting with the resistance.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
The invasion of Iraq was eventually given UN approval. Hence it is legal.
Your very stupid you know that. It was a Unilateral descision, which should have been referred to the security council...but was not. The Us-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Therefore, the invasion of Iraq was a terrorist act.

If I say it is then does it give people the right to use terrorism back?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Your very stupid you know that. It was a Unilateral descision, which should have been referred to the security council...but was not. The Us-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.
Oh yes indeed :rolleyes:

Can you tell me what part of the UN charter it contravened. I know. Do you?

Damage Inc. said:
I can't speak for him, but I doubt he would. I'll say it again he is speaking from their point of view.
I know. But I'd prefer it if he answered the question himself.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
It IS a terrorist act by the definiton you just gave me.

They should be able to use any means to get occupational forces out of their country.
the war is lawful and has been approved by the UN.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Damage Inc. said:
It IS a terrorist act by the definiton you just gave me.

They should be able to use any means to get occupational forces out of their country.

The point is that many in the resistance are NOT iraqi. They are foriegn terrorists.

Last edited:

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
Can you tell me what part of the UN charter it contravened. I know. Do you?

The international legal rules governing the use of force take as their starting point Article 2(4) of the U.N. Charter, which prohibits any nation from using force against another. The charter allows for only two exceptions to this rule: when force is required in self-defense (Article 51) or when the Security Council authorizes the use of force to protect international peace and security (Chapter VII).

Article 2(4): All members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Article 51: Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defense shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
They are united under a single ideology. They are supporting the Iraqi's in their effort to rid their country of occupational powers. They know that it could be their country who gets invaded for no reason.
So essentially people from Australian who feel for the resistance should go and fight? People 'united under a single ideology'.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
The international legal rules governing the use of force take as their starting point Article 2(4) of the U.N. Charter, which prohibits any nation from using force against another. The charter allows for only two exceptions to this rule: when force is required in self-defense (Article 51) or when the Security Council authorizes the use of force to protect international peace and security (Chapter VII).

Article 2(4): All members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Article 51: Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defense shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

Congrats you get a star. Did you support the invasion of Afghanistan?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Haha, no mate. You are putting words in my mouth. The foreigners who are fighting in Iraq against its occupation are doing it because they know it could be their country who could be attacked next over nothing.
re phase. Would it right for Australian people who feel for the cause of the resistance to go and fight in iraq?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
And so that is justification to use car bombs to blow up innocent civilians, killing hundreds every week? They are mostly attacking Iraqis, not the coalition forces.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
If they felt so strongly about it, then yes.

However, do you think Australia is under direct threat from invasion from America? No, so Australians shouldn't feel threatened from it, unlike the people fighting against the coalition forces.
A person living in Australia may feel that they have an ideological tie with the resistance in Iraq.

So you would support someone who felt so strongly that he or she would want to go and fight in the resistance in iraq?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Why not?

(And by the way, I am Australian, anglo-celtic, parents, grandparents born in Australia, so don't go and say "Ah, he's just a muslim who's come from overseas and wants to blow up Australia 'cos he doesn't like it".)
Well im an ALP center lefty.

...so s nizzle...do you want to go fight for the resistance in Iraq?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Haha, don't change the subject erawamai.
Well I'd want to know if a fellow ALP supporter would want to fight in the resistance in Iraq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)