Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
blockbuster are evil cunts

i borrowed an overnighter off them when i was like 14 or 15. at the end of last year they send me a fine of $1000 and say if i don't pay it they'll ruin my credit rating and take me to court.

what the fuck you cunts!!! just charge me for the video...not like 3 years of rental, esp considering, like, you know, it would've been sold after like 1 or 2 months

apart from that i have no idea, but if you work for them you're working for the devil. :) may i mention that they never otherwise contacted me in that time

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
haha ive had no problems with them
my closest one is prestons and they're heaps good
haha which one is this? I'm gonna try out at hursie, it should be ok there :)

MuffinMan

HSC
oh... why dont u just keep it???!!
I dont think the dvd was worth 1000 to start off with...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:

i borrowed an overnighter off them when i was like 14 or 15. at the end of last year they send me a fine of $1000 and say if i don't pay it they'll ruin my credit rating and take me to court.

what the fuck you cunts!!! just charge me for the video...not like 3 years of rental, esp considering, like, you know, it would've been sold after like 1 or 2 months

apart from that i have no idea, but if you work for them you're working for the devil. :) may i mention that they never otherwise contacted me in that time
Oh dear! What happened, did you end up paying for the fine? Thats not right at all!! lol... alll over a movie. Thats so stupid

xxFiveWords

HSC
MuffinMan said:
haha ive had no problems with them
my closest one is prestons and they're heaps good
haha which one is this? I'm gonna try out at hursie, it should be ok there :)
gahh they're annoying, they're missing a lot of good movies... *sigh*.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I really should've contested it but didn't at the time so now I'm stuck paying it off.
It's beyond ridiculous though, there is no plausible way that they would've made anywhere near $1,000 off it - like I said it would've been sold within a month or two anyway; how many copies of 'the hot chick' do you need?

(yes I'm in debt because of THE HOT CHICK. fuck you blockbuster)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Are you sure theres no other way out of it? It cant be $1000, did they just pull that number out of their ass? They cant go around making up fines etc. You should still contest it at least.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I have no idea, but the problem is cos I've paid like $300 off already I've already kind of admitted responsibility :|

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Oh shit. Still, im sure u can still do something. Did u give the video back after all this? Its preety unfair though, cos they didnt contact you during all that time and decided to fine you years later. Thats not going with their own policies at all. And they cant ruin your credit rating, you should speak to some legal expert before forking out another 700bucks to pay them off. I just think its preety unfair for you.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
nah, fucked if I even know where it is.
I think I might go tomorrow and demand to ask where they came up with the sum; keep in mind they sent the note thru a legal firm so I think that's an extra $100 or something... but I am curious how you could reasonably say that a video that would've been sold for $20 after a month or two could lose them nearly a grand

MuffinMan

HSC
haha o wells, how much more do u have to pay?
oh and the links in employment hq DOES NOT WORK :(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well after all this, yesterday i actuallycalled the store and spoke to the manager who actually remembered me! haha. he gave me the numbers and it actually did work out to that much, but he agreed to compromise for $400. and i've paid $350 now anyway. it's still a lot, but like $100 of it is lawyers fees.
so they can be (somewhat) reasonable i spose : )

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
damn glycerine.. sucks to be you lol
my local blockbuster is open today.. i think it would suck to work on public holidays where everything else is closed
the pay is alright..
possibly free movies?
i know someone who left blockbuster because all of his workmates were bitchy girls, but yeh guess that depends on the place you are working at which may not necessarily be blockbuster.
if its a first job though you shouldnt be too picky and focused on one place.. apply for anything everywhere

rumour

HSC
glycerine said:

Did you end up paying the fine?

EDIT: How much are the normal overdue fees?

nandayo

ismist
HSC
meh. Sorry to bump an old thread but I work at Blockbuster and just so you know:

It's written on the member/store contract that we charge you more than 15 days worth of overdue fees for the movie, and/or a replacement cost for the DVD.

So, get a copy of the membership form you signed, and tell them to shove it. Just pay the 15 days, and all is forgiven.

Don't forget, our software allows us to write notes on accounts, so don't be a tightass or we'll note it, and next time you get served. BANG! The person serving you will get flashing notes popping up about how you yelled at their staff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)