bloody hell!! (1 Viewer)

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
what the frack is the difference between urine, uric acid and urea? :mad: .. even my teachers dont know, or give some really weird fuzzy answer that has no relation to the question.. i think it's that urea is the solid...uric acid is the concentrated solution, and urine is the dilute solution.. is that right?? man i have my bio half yearly next week and dun even know this..i am sooo screwed :eek:

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
They are produced by different animals and have different toxicity and energy levels needed to make...

Urea- nitrogenous waste CO(NH2) and is produced by mamals and cartilaginous fishes and is the most toxic

Uric acid- also nitrogenous waste C5H4N4O3 and is produced by birds and reptiles (it has the lowest toxicity)

Urine- liquid waste produced by the kidneys after filtration of the blood and is produced by animals such as humans

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
urine is a slang term for nitrogenous waste
urea is how mammals excrete their nitrogenous waste... urea is soluable in water, but not toxic like ammonia is
uric acid is how birds and insects excrete their nitrogenous waste... since uric acid is not soluable, excreting it will not cause excessive water loss...

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
thanks guys u rock! XD

never thought a topic such as this could be so confusing heh

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Just to clarify, urine contain urea, water, salts etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)