Blue pen (1 Viewer)

Kipling

HSC
I know the BOS specifies that they prefer black pen as it is easier to read, but I can't find my favourite pen in black. Would there be any issues if I used blue pen? For English I know the booklets are scanned onto the computer, so my main worry is if the marker couldn't read part of my response. Should I be fine?

Makematics

HSC
I think they scan it for every subject now (not sure though). I switched to black recently cos im scared blue wont be readable haha. Whats happening with pencils?? Since we need to use pencils in science

Smile12345

HSC
I think they scan it for every subject now (not sure though). I switched to black recently cos im scared blue wont be readable haha. Whats happening with pencils?? Since we need to use pencils in science
Hmmm... U really reckon blue isn't visible enough?!?! Hehe. :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
You can use blue as long as it's a "normal" blue pen, and not one of those light blue pens. They just prefer black cause it's easier to read.

HSC
I am trying out a new pen for the HSC in black....

Sometimes you have to take risks...

EbonyHearts

HSC
Im pretty sure they mark from the booklet and they don't scan for sciences

Candidate

HSC

Some scanned exemplar essays on the ARC board of studies site are in blue pen. Blue does not matter at all, it is just that some people may use a really light blue or their blue pen may fade making some words unreadable.

Candidate

HSC
Im pretty sure they mark from the booklet and they don't scan for sciences
You should check with your teacher. Many subjects never scanned previously are now being scanned for the first time this year.

NWO

HSC
Blue makes them blind. if u use blue, they cant see it cos they are aliens

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
It's either scanning so that markers can mark on their computers or taking a whole lot of papers individually for each marker which is then double marked, maybe quadruple marked, perhaps more. I have no clue about whether or not the papers will be scanned, but I'm sure you should be fine if you bring a good supply of decent blue/black pens.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
if u want a good pen idea u should buy a mont blanc ink refill ~$40 and put it in a G6 pilot pen for around $2 each at officeworks. CrazyRussianHacker made a vid on this and u get a $400 for $40 that writes like a quill from an albatrosses pubes.

CloudDeter

HSC
Next thing you know, they will only allow "Board approved pens" into the exams.

yasminee96

HSC
Yep science is scanned this yr im pretty sure
+1 pretty sure about this. Recall my bio teacher saying that she's not excited for it lol.

and for pencil, perhaps they won't scan questions with diagrams? not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)