• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Blue screen of death (2 Viewers)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i have been getting the blue screen of death on my laptop, any ideas on causes, this is the thing that came up on the last one:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

any suggestions

jordankuai22

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
i have been getting the blue screen of death on my laptop, any ideas on causes, this is the thing that came up on the last one:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

any suggestions
gun to brain.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
townie said:
you offended god
Ok thankyou for you suggestions exphate, i kept getting blue screen of deaths, all with different things, so i formatted thinking it was a virus after it got worse and worse, and now it is good. Thanks again

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Starcraftmazter said:
Format C:
Insert Ubuntu Install Disk

Problem solved.
nup windows, not a ubuntu fan and i dont think my computer could handle it anyway ( it is older then the standard now) still fast though

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Ok i take the format thing back IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN. It is so annoying.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ewwww. No.

Serious responses only guys please they are really annoying me.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:
has it continued to happen since?
yeah today twice.

After further reading however i found out that this can happen after the CPU has been jerked. So to test this is lightly hit the bottom of my laptop where the CPU is, and BAM BSOD. I think that the problem might be that the CPU is loose but i dont really want to have to pull it apart again to find out, after going through all the trouble i went through when re-soldering my power input.

btw it says now PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA not the other thing that was in the first post

Last edited:
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
nup windows, not a ubuntu fan and i dont think my computer could handle it anyway ( it is older then the standard now) still fast though
Then use Xubuntu - it's designed to run on old machines. Also, you're not a fan of ubuntu, but you're a fan of the blue screen of death? That's interesting.

Schroedinger said:
Insert Ubuntu Install disc.

Use whole disk for OS with Gparted.

*facepalm*
I hope you're not serious with that reply, as my response was more metaphorical than technical.

emytaylor164 said:
Serious responses only guys please they are really annoying me.
Face it....taking advise from BoS, at least on non HS forums, has become almost as stupid as taking advise from /b/.

Next time, I recommend you go to http://www.techguy.org/

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Then use Xubuntu - it's designed to run on old machines. Also, you're not a fan of ubuntu, but you're a fan of the blue screen of death? That's interesting.

I hope you're not serious with that reply, as my response was more metaphorical than technical.

Face it....taking advise from BoS, at least on non HS forums, has become almost as stupid as taking advise from /b/.

QFT.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Starcraftmazter said:

My friend posted it on there for me cos she is a member and was on there anyway.

also i think it might be hardware related.

thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
starcraftmaster said:
but i get all my advise from /b/ ? :(

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Ok i am trying ubuntu because i decided last time i dont think that i gave it a fair enough chance, so i am now, so far i do not think it is better then windows, but not worse either..

thanks for the suggestions everyone,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)