• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BMTH - Suicide Season: Cut Up (1 Viewer)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Metal fans cry in pain, electro fans rejoice worldwide

Personally I fucking love it, what do y'all think?

[youtube]z1aKRv8GWBc[/youtube]

waza_

HSC
I think BMTH are shit as now. I used to be fully into them but then they sold out with all their myspace crap and then they bring this out which is just humiliating.

By the way these guys aren't a metal band, they're hardcore!! There is a difference between metal and hardcore and in my opinion BMTH is hardcore.

I could go on a massive rant about how awesome hardcore is but ill leave it with what I said so I don't get off topic =P

Arctopus

HSC
I think BMTH are shit as now. I used to be fully into them but then they sold out with all their myspace crap and then they bring this out which is just humiliating.

By the way these guys aren't a metal band, they're hardcore!! There is a difference between metal and hardcore and in my opinion BMTH is hardcore.

I could go on a massive rant about how awesome hardcore is but ill leave it with what I said so I don't get off topic =P
Hardcore, hey...that's funny they don't sound like this at all;

YouTube - Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White

or this

YouTube - Bad Brains - Attitude

"Oh, but that's OLD hardcore", I hear you say. Well let me stop you right there, because here's some NEW hardcore, made right here in the 21st Century (that is to say that hardcore did infact begin in the late 70s and not within the decade) and guess what...

YouTube - Dangers - Power Chord Blues

They sound nothing like Bring Me The Hairstraightener, either!

Well, I guess it's just me hey? Maybe I'm just being delusional and that a band like BMTH, and their contemporaries like Suicide Silence and Carnifex, obviously sound more like hardcore punk both sonically and lyrically (BUT THEY HAVE BREAKDOWNS!!!) than they do various sub-genres of metal like melodeath, thrash and, loosely, black.

So I really want you to continue your massive rant about how awesome hardcore is because I truly can tell you're obviously quite learned on the subject and would have a lot of insight and, dare I say, guru-like knowledge on the topic at hand.

thread derailed, shit sux.

waza_

HSC
You know what, I totally agree with what you're saying they are not TRUE hardcore. I do have knowledge on hardcore because I film for local hardcore bands, this is not me trying to sell myself I'm just saying that I believe I have knowledge on this subject, not trying to start some flame war

Here's the channel:
YouTube - wazasvideos's Channel

That picture in a nutshell is what hardcore is like now and it's pathetic, a bunch of 15 year olds creaming their pants over how hot the vocalist is and how many friends they can get on fucking myspace. Please if you ever see these people in the pits at hardcore shows, own the shit out of them for me =)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Once again Arctopus is completely correct.

Also once again, a steady flow of morons will filter through this thread, dispute his points unconvincingly and call him MEAN NAMES.

For some recent bands that are actually deserving of the label hardcore
see:

Modern Life is War
This is Hell
Raised Fist
American Nightmare/ Give Up the Ghost

A band needs to encompass at least some of the stylistic elements present in the emergence of the genre to warrant being accurately described as hardcore

BMTH, regardless of your opinion of them as a band (british jocks with expensive sleeve tatts and SOUND EFFECTS?), do not.

lolokay

HSC
Hardcore, hey...that's funny they don't sound like this at all;

YouTube - Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White

or this

YouTube - Bad Brains - Attitude

"Oh, but that's OLD hardcore", I hear you say. Well let me stop you right there, because here's some NEW hardcore, made right here in the 21st Century (that is to say that hardcore did infact begin in the late 70s and not within the decade) and guess what...

YouTube - Dangers - Power Chord Blues

They sound nothing like Bring Me The Hairstraightener, either!

Well, I guess it's just me hey? Maybe I'm just being delusional and that a band like BMTH, and their contemporaries like Suicide Silence and Carnifex, obviously sound more like hardcore punk both sonically and lyrically (BUT THEY HAVE BREAKDOWNS!!!) than they do various sub-genres of metal like melodeath, thrash and, loosely, black.

So I really want you to continue your massive rant about how awesome hardcore is because I truly can tell you're obviously quite learned on the subject and would have a lot of insight and, dare I say, guru-like knowledge on the topic at hand.

thread derailed, shit sux.

cool story

lolokay

HSC
yeah, it was a cool story.

hardcore is serious, people need to respect it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)