BMW i8 available for $299k (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Looks great but i'd miss the sound of a nice v8/10/12, even if the i8 was faster,

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd rather the i8. Been watching a lot of other people's reviews and so far so good.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks garish with that blue trim.

Would much prefer a high-performance sedan.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Given the i8's miserable performance at Motor Trend's best drivers car 2014 competition I think I will stay well away.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't the M5 also have the fake sound?

The i8 has miserable performance compared to other supercars in this price range but it's a new age performance oriented hybrid. That being said I'd rather just get the 3 Series ActiveHybrid for my environmental karma and then a GT-R on top lol.

astroman

HSC
i'd invest that kind of money (if i had that much) into a house and spend it on a fun car like a s2000

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
The i8 has miserable performance compared to other supercars in this price range but it's a new age performance oriented hybrid. That being said I'd rather just get the 3 Series ActiveHybrid for my environmental karma and then a GT-R on top lol.
I'd go for the R8 like you said or Lamborghini, the i8 got crushed by even the BMW M4 and that just isn't good enough.

Once you go Euro it's hard to go back to JDM.
There's something really refreshing about how raw some of the Japanese sportscars are, the STI cars, the 86, Evos and whatnot are. There's a purity that you don't get from a Euro car. That being said, I've been wanting a M car or an Aston for a very long time now.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's something really refreshing about how raw some of the Japanese sportscars are, the STI cars, the 86, Evos and whatnot are. There's a purity that you don't get from a Euro car. That being said, I've been wanting a M car or an Aston for a very long time now.
I know they're raw but given the competition nowadays, I don't know why I'd put myself through say another Evo when you can get very similar performance from European counterparts for similar money (in upfront cost; ongoing maintenance/resale/insurance costs/etc are probably better on the Euro model IMO) but with much more creature comforts and reliability. Yes in the lower price points the JDM wins bang for buck, but above the $60k bracket, I'd probably go Euro 9 times out of 10 (with that last one being a GT-R lol).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes in the lower price points the JDM wins bang for buck, but above the $60k bracket, I'd probably go Euro 9 times out of 10 (with that last one being a GT-R lol).
Completely agree with you on that front!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)