• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boarding school? (3 Viewers)

xadrienne

HSC
Ravenswood is protestant though .. and im catholic, so will they still accept me if im not protestant? :p
ooh and do any of you know the fees for ravenswood?

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
xadrienne said:
Ravenswood is protestant though .. and im catholic, so will they still accept me if im not protestant? :p
ooh and do any of you know the fees for ravenswood?
I would imagin it to be similar to Wenona school. But some of these schools have limited positions. So the school your goign to must be catholic?

xadrienne

HSC
^ well if there aren't any good catholic boarding schools which are good enough in education stuff then my mum says she may consider other schools but they must accept catholics too ..

my mum is also thinking about kincoppal rose bay, i heard their education is quite good-ish lol but is it really nice and it is really big and stuff?

what about ascham school? what are their school fees?

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
xadrienne said:
^ well if there aren't any good catholic boarding schools which are good enough in education stuff then my mum says she may consider other schools but they must accept catholics too ..

my mum is also thinking about kincoppal rose bay, i heard their education is quite good-ish lol but is it really nice and it is really big and stuff?

what about ascham school? what are their school fees?
Kinocoppal is okish but i dont think it's worth the money, the whole school has llike 360degree seaview and the whole school building is like historical.
Ascham school is really good, but they are pretty competitive.

Whats your background and do you like to have friends that have similar background to you? ASking this because alot of people find they have a difficult social life in school due to the fact that there are not alot of people with similar backgrounds. I think it's important to have friends esp. when your boarding.

xadrienne

HSC
^ well right now i'm studying in hong kong [parents jobs] in an international school.

if your curious im half chinese, phillipino and obviously australian lol but i look more asian than caucasian :)

and i guess i could call myself smart :rofl: , i got my year's academic award and also in music and i took the new south wales university science tests and got distinction ..

is that good enough lol

i seem to like ascham school quite a lot :lol: but i cant find the school fees and neither can my parents .. they seem to get really good hsc results too xD

psst .. i have a lot of friends at school ..

LOL hope ^^ those are helpful haha.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
You should request a enrolment form from the school you wanted to go, sometimes they hve limited places, (i waited 4 years for Shore). The bottom line, visit the school and see which one you like to go. Ascham is the sister school of Sydney Grammar School.

Also form the site

"Most Boarders begin at Ascham in either 6th grade primary or the first year of senior school. If there are vacancies, Ascham welcomes boarders in later years, but no later than year 10."

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
They all good, john howards daughter went there. You need to see the school by yourself and decide. I nearly went to Redlands in year 8, lucky i didnt, i stepped into the school and i was like WTF. But when i stepped into shore i was like WOW thats a school!

xadrienne

HSC
well do you know what the fees for Ravenswood and is it really hard to get in it? ooh and will they still be able to accept me if i'm catholic?

xadrienne

HSC
so which boarding schools do you recommend me to go to?
im still confused on which school seems the best and is worth it with the school fees

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
i dont know which is the best, since i am not a girl. But this is what i know

Ravenswood:I got no idea, i live nowhere near there
Ascham:My friends at SGS told me the girls look like men
Loreto:nice school and good results
Wenoa:rich girls

Thats all i know, my sister goes to queenwood, lovely school but they dont have boarding.

xadrienne

HSC
z600 said:
i dont know which is the best, since i am not a girl. But this is what i know

Ravenswood:I got no idea, i live nowhere near there
Ascham:My friends at SGS told me the girls look like men
Loreto:nice school and good results
Wenoa:rich girls

Thats all i know, my sister goes to queenwood, lovely school but they dont have boarding.
are you talking about Loreto Kiribilli or Loreto Normanhurst?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Ye, what Without Wings said is totallu correct, you need to choose a school that best suits you. It's your education and you should find the school that would best provide you with the service.

And i was refering to Loreto Kiribilli

xadrienne

HSC
Without Wings said:
Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is the 'best school' as everyone has different standards as well as wants and needs.

I'd recommend you work out what you want from the school. Eg: excellent sporting facilities etc, excellent music/drama etc department, high rankings in previous HSC school ranking lists, co-ed or girls, range of extra curricular activities, subject availability, etc....

Then look at the various schools and see which ones have what you are looking for in a school, suit your price range etc. Then if possible I would advise you to go see the school. Check out the school grounds, talk to the teachers and students who go there, check out the boarding houses - find out as much as possible about the school to ensure you can make an informed decision.

I also think you may find this site interesting as it gives information on choosing boarding schools as well as the different boarding schools available.
sorry but the site link which you recommended to go to which gives information about choosing boarding schools doesn't seem to be a proper link .. can you give the proper link please? thanks :)

xadrienne

HSC
ok thanks .
well anyways im probably going to kincoppal rose bay probably cause my parents liked kincoppal the best and we're going to the next krb experience day so .. yeah. its a pretty ok choice for me :)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
The next experience day is at 3rd of Aug, you going to that one? Tell us what you think afterwards. You get internet access, which is good.

xadrienne

HSC
z600 said:
The next experience day is at 3rd of Aug, you going to that one? Tell us what you think afterwards. You get internet access, which is good.
well actually i'm not really sure whether i'll be going to the aug krb experience day or october one lol. it actually depends though so .. i'm not sure but i know i will be going to one of them :)

well anyways .. i'm curious.. how many acres/hectares is kincoppal? i wanna know whether its bigger than my current school :)

xadrienne

HSC
z600 said:
I would guess about 3~4Ha from the map. Kings has 120Ha. This links shows the list of other schools you are going to compete with interms of sport and debate etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Heads_of_Independent_Girls%27_Schools
ok thats kinda small compared with the other schools in the heads of independent girls school association .. T__T
but when my mum requested the prospectus for St. Vincent's College the map looked much smaller than the one for Kincoppal.. but st. vincent's is 12 acres which is about 4ish hectares..
i believe kincoppal should be more than 4 hectares probably ..

by the way since kambala is in the same area as kincoppal, they are probably very competitive.. but honestly .. do you think kambala is better or kincoppal :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)