Body of Work!!! (1 Viewer)

Princess Berri

HSC
Hey, i have used octopus in my bow and have taken pics of them and im developing them into digital, ink. pencil and paintings
does any one else have any suggestions or ideas? what are you doing for art?
and when did u start, i know some people havent strarted yet and ive been doing mine since term 4 .. :confused:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Good that youve started. Get it done now! as much as you can!
Those people will freakout when they're unprepared and will rush there work.

I did acrylic paintings which i started waaaaaaay to late.

biggie walls

HSC
octopii ey?

i dunno if its your cup of tea but have a look at the work of Damien Hirst, he uses lots of dead animals in his art, one memorable one being a shark... he uses these animals to comment on death and decay...

as for time to start your BOW, depending on your art practice you dont need to start actually physically making your art very early...

e.g. if you were doing a conceptual piece you would spend most of the early part of the year thinking and brainstorming....

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Princess Berri said:
Hey, i have used octopus in my bow and have taken pics of them and im developing them into digital, ink. pencil and paintings
does any one else have any suggestions or ideas? what are you doing for art?
and when did u start, i know some people havent strarted yet and ive been doing mine since term 4 .. :confused:
When I was at Art on the Rocks last year this lady did these beautiful paintings using squid ink. It creates a really cool effect so you might wanna look into tracking some of it down and using it with your ink or something:)

Armic

HSC
Damien Hirst scares me. I can't look at any of his artworks, I'm against the display of dead animals. I rather let them rest in peace...

I know of someone in my class who tried to use octopii. It was funny because he roll them in ink and tried to print them. Except the octopus kinda fell apart...

I started early last term except I didn't like what I was doing so I started again this term.

nwatts

HSC
Seen the film Oldboy? That's about my favourite reference to an octopus that I know of in the art world.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
nwatts said:
Seen the film Oldboy? That's about my favourite reference to an octopus that I know of in the art world.
how does some guy being trapped in a room for 15 years have anything to do with an Octopus, some creature living in the sea?? lol

i must see your work should be quite interestly twisted

Spunge12

HSC
He eats a live octopus at one point.
There's probably a metaphor i'm forgetting.

Octopus / Octopeii are very interesting creatures. Would like to see an example of the art.

joe1016

HSC
i was in japan over the new year and i saw a reporter go to eat a live octopus on tv...........they do that knid of thing at NY i guess.

anyway, the octopus bit her as she tried to eat it...its beak was attatched to her face! LMAO it was THAT funny..........yeah, a little anecdote about octopii

Spunge12

HSC
joe1016 said:
i was in japan over the new year and i saw a reporter go to eat a live octopus on tv...........they do that knid of thing at NY i guess.

anyway, the octopus bit her as she tried to eat it...its beak was attatched to her face! LMAO it was THAT funny..........yeah, a little anecdote about octopii
This sounds like art.

coopesdeville

HSC
N/A
Have you thought of engraving/etching design on perspecs [paint and ink at will] then highlighting with lighting of choice from behind, just a thought as I collect 60's, 70's, perspec lamps, [most from that era end up being French.] works for me ..... ....cheers, "Cooper"..............
P.S.
Did you end up using perspecs for your "19th century chinese piece, out of curiosity ???

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hmmm I don't know if this is relevant, but i've seen a really nice silver gelatine photo of a dark skinned bald man with an octopus on his head.
Personally they really scare me...arrrrrrrgh

Princess Berri

HSC
Hey this is berri, the one who originally posted this blog thing..
this is one of my pics, i have done photo's paintings ink prints with the octopus ink, blakc ink drawing and digital stuff as well as jewelery with resin and actual octopus.. yeah.. i love damien hirst by the way.. always have ;) good luck everyone!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)