Bombed out this term :( (1 Viewer)

mugenR

HSC
Alright, well last term (term 4 2007) i did pretty well in all my assesments (between 80-90%) and they were all worth around 15% each.. but this term i did incredibly crap (between 50-69%) for most my assements and they are mostly worth 20% each.. iam aiming for a UAI of around 94.. because i've done so badly this term where do i sit at getting this sort of UAI.. is it still achievable? anyone else in the same position as me? or has been in this sort of position before?

ccc123

HSC
mugenR said:
Alright, well last term (term 4 2007) i did pretty well in all my assesments (between 80-90%) and they were all worth around 15% each.. but this term i did incredibly crap (between 50-69%) for most my assements and they are mostly worth 20% each.. iam aiming for a UAI of around 94.. because i've done so badly this term where do i sit at getting this sort of UAI.. is it still achievable? anyone else in the same position as me? or has been in this sort of position before?
YES.

Don't worry too much. Those results are in teh past now. Just concentrate on getting back in the game.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Pick yourself up.

Learn from your mistakes.

You'll be fine, you'll get back in the boat. We all fall out at some time but you can always come back.

Don't sweat it too much.

Good luck :) Xx

Jess007

HSC
yeh. everyone has their bad patch in yr 12, at least urs was early in, so now you know how to pick your self back up and get stuck into the work again. dont worry, ur uai is still in reach, so dont worry:)

mugenR

HSC
thanks guys your posts help alot =) good for clearing all those stupid negative thoughts and to start motivating myself :)

Muz4PM

HSC
Yep, just as everyone else said, stay positive, study hard and know your work and give it your best.

justmeme

HSC
N/A
everyone is going to tell you to pick yourself up and keep working..

or something along those lines..

imoO

HSC
It's just another hiccup in the journey to the HSC. You'll be fine as long as you keep youself on track and hold your head high instead of looking back on how bad you did.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
imoO said:
It's just another hiccup in the journey to the HSC. You'll be fine as long as you keep youself on track and hold your head high instead of looking back on how bad you did.
An inner journey??
and by keeping on track, do you mean that figuratively? or is it a physical journey?

lol. Anyone else think of the AOS when they hear 'journey'?
it's horrible...

michael1990

HSC
You will be fine man

Just relax and try harder next time. :)

Muz4PM

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
An inner journey??
and by keeping on track, do you mean that figuratively? or is it a physical journey?

it's horrible...
You just reminded me that I need to fix that essay up. Thanks, I guess, although I might have to make that a project for later in the holidays, I am having too much fun bludging.

HSC
Muz4PM said:
You just reminded me that I need to fix that essay up. Thanks, I guess, although I might have to make that a project for later in the holidays, I am having too much fun bludging.
lol cant wait till we finish... ive done pretty bad in english this term too :S... i would be so devastated if my half-yearly results came back bad :( cause i really did try... oh well as my bf said, you cant get full marks all the time... although he did :confused:....

.deimonic

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
An inner journey??

it's horrible...
Lol once a teacher mentioned "journey" whilst talking about somethign english- unrelated in an assembly and my whole grade groaned.

Gah. Think I bombed out in eng (and maybe chem) this term........
I tend to do reasonably well for all my subjects 80s/90s but hten bomb out in 1 or 2 subjects at 60s-70s....... hope this doesn't affect my UAI much :(

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I've been getting consistently in the 80s-90s for everything so far; except our last english exam!
It was a BNW/BR visual representation, and I got 53%!!
Pretty depressed actually.
English is something I really quite enjoy, but I put 0 effort into that assessment, and that is by far the worst I've done in english since I've been in highschool.

Ahhhhhh.

-dies-

And to the person who started the forum; as everyone else has said, don't worry, you'll be fine =)

p.s- someone, please, motivate me.
I have the flu.
Eck.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Hollieee said:
I've been getting consistently in the 80s-90s for everything so far; except our last english exam!
It was a BNW/BR visual representation, and I got 53%!!
Pretty depressed actually.
English is something I really quite enjoy, but I put 0 effort into that assessment, and that is by far the worst I've done in english since I've been in highschool.

Ahhhhhh.

-dies-

And to the person who started the forum; as everyone else has said, don't worry, you'll be fine =)

p.s- someone, please, motivate me.
I have the flu.
Eck.
Dont worry you will also be fine.
Just chilllax

HSC
this thread reminds me of how little effort i put into business studies this year. i think i'm about second in the year overall, but my marks are pretty crap... our tasks are supposedly HSC standard, so at least i know what i'm up against and still have time to improve my marks...

bored of sc

HSC
humglish said:
Who's Stephen Bradbury?

Omg! Have you being living under a rock?
He was the ice skater who only won the gold medal cause everyone else fell over. He was coming last. Stephen Bradbury you're my idol.
evidence that slow and steady wins the race - the Stephen Bradbury case is a classic metaphor that suggests a good way to go about study for the HSC - staying within reach of your goals, staying consistent and getting some good luck come your way (well hopefully good luck will come your way :))

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
evidence that slow and steady wins the race - the Stephen Bradbury case is a classic metaphor that suggests a good way to go about study for the HSC - staying within reach of your goals, staying consistent and getting some good luck come your way (well hopefully good luck will come your way :))
hahaha nice...
just let everyone tumble and fall :)

conics2008

HSC
dont worry, go to coles or franklins and buy some ice cream or chocolate =)

Dont worry, this is just a mental problem you're having, dont worry it will go away. Try moving on and do good in you're coming assessments/exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)