Bonne chance!! (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
omg_a said:
oh, and, just because an exam is never complete without a mind blank, i forgot how to say 'soon'. Nice work. argh!
Mind blanks are fun eh? I recall having trouble saying that Queensland was more relaxing in comparison to Sydney (Yet another example of my silly tangents- this was, I think, a result of "Tell me about your family"... ). I was sitting there muttering to myself in french, trying to think of alternative ways of articulating it... By which time I think she thought I was completely insane. :uhhuh:

LOL @ your teachers 'chickens'....!!!! How cute! :D

chepas

HSC
^^Teachers: Aww. A lot of French teachers seem to be really reeeeally nice and will do anything for you and sort of guide you and lead you and sort of be there to hold your hand :))) and so on, then, yeah...

*grand soupir*

Sammy_b

HSC
malkin86 said:
If you could change anything about the world, what would you change and why?
I'm with Chepas, what a shitty question! Isn't that beyond the expectations of the course? My exam was cool. When i came out i was almost jumping up and down because pretty much all the questions she asked, i'd prepared, but a few hours later...i started thinking of the mistakes i made. Anyone else who does this?

I had the best first question:

Qu'est-ce que tu fais quand tu as du temps libre? :D

So, of course, i listed a few things, ended it with: i'm really passionate about music. And what was the mnxt question? "Quels genre de musique preferes-tu?" I couldn't believe it! I crapped on about the lyrics of rock music being just as superficial as the lyrics of pop music, but what i like is the sound of the guitars and pianos. blah blah blah, and a detailed description of why i liked Britpop

But i didn't get a chance to use subjunctive! Who used subjunctive? Can you still get close to full marks if you don't use it?

Echh, i'm worrying too much

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
i only used it once, the tried and tested 'pour que je puisse....' construction. I also had some other rel. pronouns and future/conditional tense and a few 'en + -ant'. I suppose if the examiners are judging you on your overall performance you can still get a high mark, especially since it seems like you absolutely killed the exam. :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
LOL exactly, and i reckon that is venturing beyond the syllabus

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah that's a bit harsh...
i got asked what i would change about my school, and i had just been asked about my subjects. So i said do you mean the school or the subjects. Then i proceeded to (VERY STUPIDLY) say that i think science should be banned, when i had just lied about liking chemistry, and say that the school needs new buildings because they're too old.
I also got asked what were good qualities in a teacher. i was like what the??

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
did anyone's examiners show any interest in them?? mine wasn't even listening...
cos at the very start i said i wanted to study primary teaching at uni and become a teacher i talked about that for a bit. Then at about the 6 min mark she goes "so what do you plan for the future? do you want to go to uni?" so i just had to repeat the whole thing over again... only when i had finished did she look at me and go "oh..." there is no light at the end of that tunnel!

anz

i think mine went ok - but i got all these wierd questions. she kept on going back to stuff id said earlier on in the exam - she said a the end that id talked so fast that she barely had anything left to ask me

so i got the strangest questions - like 'comment tu te sens quand tu joues de la flute?' - i ask you! i could hardly answer that in english!!

or what about: what are the benefits of being part of a team? was anyone actually prepared for questions like these ? i had to think on my feet!

i also got asked to describe a driving lesson id had - id hardly even mentioned driving at all before that - i just couldnt see where the questions were coming from!

and how's this for a last question - for you, what are good eating habits?
it just seemed as if i wasnt in control of the conversatrion at all - i kept trying to bring it back to my family/job etc but she wouldnt take the hint!!

overall, i think it went ok, but i was a bit annoyed that lots of the really obvious stuff id prepared didnt come up - did anyone else feel that?

chepas

HSC
Sammy_b said:
... but a few hours later...i started thinking of the mistakes i made. Anyone else who does this?

But i didn't get a chance to use subjunctive! Who used subjunctive? Can you still get close to full marks if you don't use it?

Echh, i'm worrying too much
Yeah I remember words of wisdom from my teachers:

"Slow down, and THINK about what you're saying. You talk too fast then trip over yourself."

Of course, the first question I got I thought that god was on my side, so the crap just came out, not really thinking hmmm... and I had a mental speech about how "Le sport, c'est la religion de l'état en Australie", and I think I only recounted half of that story that would have made sense.

And FRAGMENTED SENTENCES. They're excellent. Disjointed bits of phrases that, when strung together, make sense, but on their own are complete bs... Fun!

I used the subjunctive! "Avant que j'aille a` l'université je vais travailler un peu pour que je puisse gagner un peu ma vie...". I love the subjunctive. It's the bastard child of the French language... >:|

Lynda Lemay said:
Que ce soit jamais plus qu'un truc de passage voué a` l'oubli.

chepas

HSC
^^ #29 I think the thing was that the examiners would start with an easy question, and see how you responded, and adjust the level of how they talked accordingly - so you must have said lots of good things then got those buggers of questions! The trick was, talk more and more and more so they don't ask you questions hehe... Less capacity for yuck questions, but I suppose, more margin for talking self into corner and dieing horribly, and then making more errors. ARGH *crains la vie*....

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
did anyone's examiners show any interest in them?? mine wasn't even listening...
Yeah. Mine showed no interest whatsoever (don't blame 'em though, must have been pretty boring not to mention repetitive). Even my crap attempts at humour fell through... Bugger. :(

I wonder if they mark on plausibility....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)