• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bonus Points (ATAR) (1 Viewer)

brenyboi

HSC
Hey i'm just wondering how many bonus points are allocated towards things such as making a regional team for sport or state,nationals etc.

I heard it differers from uni and course, so i'm just wondering if people know generally how many points certain things can get you and more specifically for Law and medicine at UNSW or Law at UTS.

If it changes from sport to sport, then i was wondering about making a regional volleyball team or a state team.

Thanks.

astroe

HSC
For UNSW:

Elite Athletes and Performers / Bonus Points - Undergraduate Programs

However,
UNSW said:
Undergraduate applicants are eligible to receive up to five bonus points on their ATAR rank (or recognised senior secondary qualification) for entry to most UNSW programs. Bonus points are not available for admission to the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program.
So for Law at UNSW at least, the above linked table applies.
Not sure about UTS though.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My friend got into UNSW Law by getting Bonus Points for playing State Volleyball.

brenyboi

HSC
Thanks astroe (y)

And to aerath i go to sydney boys, graduating this year haha, you're talking about ritam right?

brenyboi

HSC
Btw anyone with information on UTS would be greatly appreciated =)

ar7

HSC
medicine allows no bonus points. i think also with many advanced courses. eg. advanced engineering

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
i know somebody who got into UNSW law with an ATAR of 98.9, for being one of the students nominated by their school principal or something.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I thought UWS give you bonus points if you live locally ?
Only 2 for Medicine. 5 for everything else.

But the 2 for Medicine doesn't really help if you're destined for an ATAR of 95+ already. It doesn't 'increase' your chances - UWS just uses the 95 ATAR (or 93 if you apply for GWS) as a 'threshold', ie, you get over the threshold = you're in. If you get under it, you're out. So pretty much, doesn't matter whether you got 95.05 or 99.95, you're on an even playing field with regards to UWS.

evilevoevil

HSC
N/A
Do the achievements have to be made during your hsc year? for example.. like the musicians section.. say for amus pass, does it have be done this year?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do the achievements have to be made during your hsc year? for example.. like the musicians section.. say for amus pass, does it have be done this year?
To get the bonus points - yeah, it does. If you did something in Year 8, do you think it affects your ATAR in any way? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)