Bonus Points for Double Degrees? (1 Viewer)

A711

HSC
I'm aiming for Commerce/Science, ATAR 96.3 but I'm not sure under which bonus points scheme it falls under
'Bachelor of Science' or 'Bachelor of Commerce'? (There's no dual option)

btw, if I get say 96 including bonus points, will UNSW give a leeway of 0.3?

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
I'm aiming for Commerce/Science, ATAR 96.3 but I'm not sure under which bonus points scheme it falls under
'Bachelor of Science' or 'Bachelor of Commerce'? (There's no dual option)

btw, if I get say 96 including bonus points, will UNSW give a leeway of 0.3?

Phototastic is correct. If it is 96 including bonus points you still won't get in with a cutoff of 96.30 because it is a Cutoff however the international UAC guide suggests that combined commerce will have an ATAR requirement of 92 (projected 2016 cutoff) but I cannot vouch for the validity of the projection or its relevance for locals.

Last edited:

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Phototastic is correct. If it is 96 including bonus points you still won't get in with a cutoff of 96.30 because it is a Cutoff however the international UAC guide suggests that combined commerce will have an ATAR requirement of 92 (projected 2016 cutoff) but I cannot vouch for the validity of the projection or its relevance for locals.
92? I call bull 100% No waaay the cutoff would drop by that much..

A711

HSC
Ahh, I see, thanks guys!

[for us domestic students, the cut off is 96.3; for international students, it's 92 :')]

A711

HSC
awks... international students don't use atar.. it's projected for us.
nahh it's an ATAR equivalent. imagine the pain they would go through if they had to list like ten countries and their specific high school qualifications. Better just to give an equivalent and have them translate their IBs or A-levels into ATAR.

photastic

HSC
For your information, these are the only double degrees with Commerce that is applicable under the HSC bonus point scheme, which the degrees are also known as "Combined Commerce."
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/unsw/424100.html

Otherwise for any other degrees combined with Commerce, they will only accept bonus points from the UAC EAS scheme.

photastic

HSC
What about EAP Bonus points scheme at UNSW?
Oops, my apologies EAP is applicable except EAP bonus points are not available for admission to the Bachelor of Medical Studies / Doctor of Medicine or any Co-op scholarship degrees. For students applying for entry to UNSW in 2017, EAP bonus points will not be available for admission to Combined Law. Also, note EAP bonus points caps at 5, same with HSC bonus and the combined maximum bonus points with other avenues is 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)