Bonus points for law? (1 Viewer)

tonysoprano

HSC
Hey guys,

Do you think if someone went to a school ranked about ~180, and was eligible for disadvantaged school for EAS, they'd be able to get into Law at UNSW/USyd with a 97 ATAR?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes - EAS is your friend

My friend got 97.25 (or something close to that, can't remember the exact value), and she got into the Arts/Law dual degree @UNSW

turntaker

HSC
Yes - EAS is your friend

My friend got 97.25 (or something close to that, can't remember the exact value), and she got into the Arts/Law dual degree @UNSW
How do you prove that your time was wasted on leadership and performing

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yes - EAS is your friend

Can confirm, this was the same for me.

You'll actually find about 1/4 of the law cohort are ACCESS scheme students, unsw mentioned it in a press release.

Flop21

HSC
With this EAS... how many bonus points are you able to get? Or what is the average?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
What's EAS
Educational Acesss Scheme - if you've suffered disadvantage ie. Going to a shit school, had a disturbed schooling, had a poor family life etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turntaker

HSC
Educational Acesss Scheme - if you've suffered disadvantage ie. Going to a shit school, had a disturbed schooling, had a poor family life etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is considered shit school

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
With this EAS... how many bonus points are you able to get? Or what is the average?
Variously significantly and it's very hard to work out as some uni's don't disclose this info (UNSW). UTS allocates 10 points for anyone with EAS.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If you want to become a lawyer, why wouldn't you consider other universities? With those marks you could study at G08 universities outside NSW and VIC. If you're that desperate, you could transfer in to Sydney or New South Wales if you do well in your first year.

rafall

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

So if someone got an atar of 90 and want to go to UTS to study law can they get into it, as they are eligible for EAS?

Also, what about Macquarie University, how many bonus point it give for students who are eligible for EAS? (Law degree)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Hi guys,

So if someone got an atar of 90 and want to go to UTS to study law can they get into it, as they are eligible for EAS?

Also, what about Macquarie University, how many bonus point it give for students who are eligible for EAS? (Law degree)
Yep. I have a handful of friends who got into UTS law with 87-88 atar + the 10 EAS points.

bangladesh

HSC
Can confirm, this was the same for me.

You'll actually find about 1/4 of the law cohort are ACCESS scheme students, unsw mentioned it in a press release.
I thought it'd be way over 1/2 at unsw

Dupain

HSC
EAP bonus points no longer accepted from 2017 at NSW. Still available at Sydney and other Unis but you'll need to be a professional sportsperson or represent AUS. Can't recall her name but an Olympian hurdler was accepted into Medicine.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
EAP bonus points no longer accepted from 2017 at NSW. Still available at Sydney and other Unis but you'll need to be a professional sportsperson or represent AUS. Can't recall her name but an Olympian hurdler was accepted into Medicine.
Interesting, when was this announced?

Dupain

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)