Bonus Points for Rural kids in Health Science (1 Viewer)

NellyBelly89

HSC
Our Careers advisor at School has little to no idea but was speaking of the 4 bonus marks at some uni's but additionally a couple extra marks for rural kids hoping to get into health sciences (he mentioned nursing, OT, physio) at Newcastle. Im hesitant to agree but any info on this would be much appreciated.
Ta.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It was a uni wide policy (except for combined degrees, as well as a few others). There is conflicting reports as to whether or not it still exists.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
It was a uni wide policy (except for combined degrees, as well as a few others). There is conflicting reports as to whether or not it still exists.
I disagree, straight from the horses mouth: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/undergraduateadmissions/specialentry.html

They used to have more information, including the post codes of schools that would be elligible. However, I'm too lazy to tolerate UNLCE's un-userfriendly website to find any more information.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
heh, you actually believe anything the uni tells us nowadays?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Kind of, they tell us nothing, so I have nothing to believe. It's a nice system, I can't be dissapointed.

This is hardly an issue to get worked up over though, because we're already in uni! ^5

Tuna

HSC
N/A
5 Bonus points means:

If you get a uai of 90 and the course is 95, you are able for consideration. Moreover, you are competing with rural students only who are below the cut - off. If there are 5 places allocated to rural then you will be taking one of them.

If the cut off is 89, you are able to get into that course automatically without using the rural spot (i.e you are competing with non - rural students). If there are 5 places allocated to non - rural you will be taking None of them.

Bonus points does not mean an automatic entry however, you have higher chances since the majority of universities allocate a certain percentage of places to rural students.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
UNCLE also allocates extra points through thje EAS scheme if you experienced hardship during your HSC (this includes if you come from a PSFP - Priority Schools Funding Program - the old DSP - school)

look for forms on that too...

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah if you come from pretty much any school north of sydney you get the 4 point bonus but im not sure about the rural school program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)