bonus points question (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
say i got 90.65 and it needs 95.65 to get in unsw commerce... if i have 5 bonus points am i certain i get in?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
No. You'll have to compete with others who also have bonus points. But note that cut-off for a subject isn't known until the end of the final round.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^The question seem illogical in the first place. atar cut-off is determined after the final round, so if not many people want to do it, then you probably wont need 95.65 atar to enter the course to begin with.

LordPc

HSC
say i got 90.65 and it needs 95.65 to get in unsw commerce... if i have 5 bonus points am i certain i get in?
strictly speaking, no.

it is possible that so many students put down unsw commerce as their 1st preference that the atar requirement jumps to 98.05

but if you did get 90, then with 5 bonus points you would have a good shot of getting in. id say the required atars are not strict, but more of a rough guide. i know too many people who got into courses despite being below the "required atar" to believe otherwise

rugbymad7

HSC
So say for instance if your in my position, I got 91.25 and am available to receive 4 bonus points through UNSW HSC Plus taking me to 95.25, cut-off being 95.65 last year... Would it be a good option putting B COMM as my first preference. Or would it be unlikely I would gain entry and should just divert to B Eco or something alike that instead.
Cheers in advance....

LordPc

HSC
putting unsw commerce as your 1st preference does not affect your chances of getting an offer for your 2nd preference (should you fail to get an offer for your 1st preference)

in fact, if your preferences were
1) law @ usyd
2) law at unsw
3) commerce @ unsw
4) economics @ unsw
and you were rejected for the first three, your chances of getting an offer for your 4th preference do not decrease

please understand that preferences are just that, preferences. put your 1st preference 1st, even if you are far below the atar you think you need. only your last few preferences should be based on atar and uni cut offs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)