bonus UAI points (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
Hey guys does anyone know here whats the deal with UWS "Subject Bonus Scheme Points" scheme? Do you automatically obtain +10 UAI points if you satisfy 1 requirement like say for business@UWS is says you would get 10UAI points if you got E3 or E4 in Ext1 English. It seems too good to be true.

magicboy

HSC
i did my hsc in 2007 and got a UAI of about 77 and if wanted to do a course at UWs that was lets say 82 i could do it because they would give extra 5... i dont thinkg its 10 but sound like wayyyyyy too many ......

so yeah by the way u have to living in western sydney are to qualify for that Bonus Scheme i think.......GOOD LUCK!

TheKey

HSC
yeah i knew you had to live in the area to get the 5 points...but for the bonus 10 points it doesn't seem to be location related, but rather dependent on what subjects you did for HSC and how you scored in them.

BTW i was asking for someone else...Im already at uni...for awhile...and still no end in sight :(.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
It’s not too good to be true! :)

A bonus of 5 points is going to be added to the UAC ranks of students that have a UAI of at least 60, did their HSC/IB in 2007 and live in Greater Western Syd (by postcode).

There is also the chance to get bonus points for performing well in specific subjects in your HSC if they relate to your degree. This can be either 5 or 10 bonus points (for this one you also have to live in Greater Western Syd).

The bonus points are awarded AUTOMATICALLY – u don’t have to do a thing. You can get both the subject bonus AND regional bonus points – but the maximum bonus you can receive in total is 10 points.

Have a look at www.uws.edu.au/admissions - it has the lists of subjects and all the info on bonus points (and the postcodes mentioned above).

SovietSupremacy

HSC
I'm getting a bonus 10 on my application for Social Science because I got E3 in History Extension.

It's true, they have a big list of the courses and what you get bonuses for on their site, it's an interesting read. That, and the co-operation of the Staff at UWS really impressed me.

Muchi

HSC
heys

my mate hithika is now worried coz she got a uai of 59.5 n was excited that she was gonna be able to do design at uws but now shes scared. can someone on behalf of my mate clarify the 60 matter for her!

leon4u

HSC
the 60 matter isnt a big team, she will easily get in, besides i got 10 more for business and got into my commerce degree already cause of it :)

jessicayuen

HSC
hey guys!
My friends told me that you can get 10 points:
1) 5 points for being in the region
2) 5 points If your first preference is UWS

is this true?

terminator69

HSC
hey guys!
My friends told me that you can get 10 points:
1) 5 points for being in the region
2) 5 points If your first preference is UWS

is this true?
You don't get 5 points for having it as your first preference but the region point is true.

-juLie-

meep
HSC
the 60 matter isnt a big team, she will easily get in, besides i got 10 more for business and got into my commerce degree already cause of it :)
Its not always that easy to get in. I was only .8 off the UAI needed to get into the UWS nursing degree back when I did my HSC and didnt get an offer. And that was for a course that isnt all that popular compared to other degrees. You dont get any bonus marks if you dont get a minimum UAI/ATAR of 60.

colinl

HSC
N/A
Its not always that easy to get in. I was only .8 off the UAI needed to get into the UWS nursing degree back when I did my HSC and didnt get an offer. And that was for a course that isnt all that popular compared to other degrees. You dont get any bonus marks if you dont get a minimum UAI/ATAR of 60.
ur kidding me u need at least 60 atar to get bonus points? :(

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
oh ok cool. even though i get those 5 points for living in GWS, im still way below the cutoff. :(
well that sucks =[
are you eligable for EAS??
that could help
what did you wanna do anyway (and where)?? im sure there's another way to get into whichever course you're planning on doing.

colinl

HSC
N/A
well that sucks =[
are you eligable for EAS??
that could help
what did you wanna do anyway (and where)?? im sure there's another way to get into whichever course you're planning on doing.
yeah i get EAS aswell idk how much they gave me but im assuming the gave me 5.

i want to study business/commerce at parramatta.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
yeah i get EAS aswell idk how much they gave me but im assuming the gave me 5.

i want to study business/commerce at parramatta.
ohk. yeah the number of bonus points varies.. but im not sure if it depends on the campus/uni or your reason for applying..
have you applied for UWSCollege or any other college??
im kinda in the same situation as you n it sucks... =[

colinl

HSC
N/A
ohk. yeah the number of bonus points varies.. but im not sure if it depends on the campus/uni or your reason for applying..
have you applied for UWSCollege or any other college??
im kinda in the same situation as you n it sucks... =[
nah if i dont get any offers from UWS im going TAFE. :( FML !

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
dw everything will work out in the end =]
..well at least that's what i keep telling myself

but i think you should at least apply for college somewhere .. i dunno..just my opinion

colinl

HSC
N/A
dw everything will work out in the end =]
..well at least that's what i keep telling myself

but i think you should at least apply for college somewhere .. i dunno..just my opinion
dw about me i'll be fine. What do you want to study?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)