Book Review Dump*** (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Title: Gods & Monsters (book 3, final book of the series)
Author: Shelby Mahurin
First published: 2021
Pages: 522
MY RATING: 2.9/10

Enjoy my commentary as I read the book.

- He loses his memory and hates her again istg man im sick of this how many times r they gonna hate each other then get back together
- They did it in a prison cell. with guards surrounding them.
- ofc in the final moment when they’re all abt to die at a public persecution he gets his memory back
- Oh father above please calm down: Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 16.20.58.png
- A dragon?? She transformed into a dragon? Id rather read about hippos giving birth wtf is this
- A goat. He transformed into an elephant-sized goat. I dont want to read anymore.

- Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 16.27.22.png
LMAOOOO YEAH ALRIGHT BUD
- Okay icl the epilogue of the wedding was kinda cute I may have let out a tiny giggle or two

all in all, this was a waste of my time. don't read the series.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

- He loses his memory and hates her again istg man im sick of this how many times r they gonna hate each other then get back together
- ofc in the final moment when they’re all abt to die at a public persecution he gets his memory back
- Oh father above please calm down: View attachment 42118
- A dragon?? She transformed into a dragon? Id rather read about hippos giving birth wtf is this
- A goat. He transformed into an elephant-sized goat. I dont want to read anymore.

- View attachment 42117
LMAOOOO YEAH ALRIGHT BUD
- Okay icl the epilogue of the wedding was kinda cute I may have let out a tiny giggle or two

wait what r u gonna read now

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC

- View attachment 42117
LMAOOOO YEAH ALRIGHT BUD

you be reading the worst

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
u should see my goodreads
lmaoooo
I think bcz I buy hardcopy I read pretty decent books. don't wanna waste my pennies on shitty books

but some of the ebooks ive read this past year lord, like the book about a heated love between a girl and her front door, this one haunts me still

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
lmaoooo
I think bcz I buy hardcopy I read pretty decent books. don't wanna waste my pennies on shitty books

but some of the ebooks ive read this past year lord, like the book about a heated love between a girl and her front door, this one haunts me still
Why buy hardcopies when you can probably get a free pdf version of them online? I do like the feel of holding a book while reading tho

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Why buy hardcopies when you can probably get a free pdf version of them online? I do like the feel of holding a book while reading tho
yea that's literally why lol, feels better it's a more immersive experience flipping through actual pages, plus im tryna limit my screen time anyway

also gives me an excuse to go to bookstores which are my fav place on the planet 🤩

Sadoplop1

Banned
HSC
N/A

- View attachment 42117
LMAOOOO YEAH ALRIGHT BUD

orgastic experience 🫢

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Title: A Pale View Of Hills
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
First published: 1982
Pages: 183
MY RATING: 7.5/10

well that's the last of Ishiguro's books, curiously I read Ishiguro's first novel last, in any case he is a splendid author and I would recommend all his books to anyone interested in meaningful prose fiction

- very short story, I typically read longer books but the shortness of this one made the story all the more resonant
- a woman Etsuko lives a tranquil but lonely existence in England, spending her days deep in her thoughts, reflecting on the recent suicide of her daughter as well as revisiting her memories from life in Japan, post-war
- essentially the book jumps back and forth from present to past, both of which are connected anyway
- she reminisces particularly on a time during which she had a brief but disturbing friendship with neighbour Sachiko, who is a terrible person and mother she literally drowns kittens
- Etsuko's recollections offer subtle but vivid commentary on Japan's shifting societal climate after the war, which I thought was both intriguing and sad
- I felt a sense of loss on Etsuko's behalf because she doesn't express her pain very well if at all, not regarding her daughter's nor her unfortunate unfulfilling life in general
- characters are difficult to connect with, a deliberate choice on Ishiguro's part, all the characters become familiar but also remain entirely mysterious
- overall a depressing story but a warm reminder that life is difficult for everybody in different ways

up next:
"Out" by Kirino. can you tell I love Japanese vintage classics

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Title: Out
Author: Natsuo Kirino
First published: 1997
Pages: 520
MY RATING: 10/10

my halfway review on another thread will do as a synopsis:
since we're here I'm abt halfway through Out and it's a 8.5 from me so far it's SO SO GOOD it's a crime/psychological DONE RIGHT, this woman kills her abusive deadbeat husband and her 3 friends from a factory job help her cover it up, cut the body up and dispose of it, but the parts got found and now the police is coming onto them. there's side plot lines and flashbacks that connect to the main plot rlly well and everyone is so grotesquely messed up 🤩🤩
I can't put into actual words how outstanding this book was, nothing I say is gonna do it justice. it was the most perfect, yes I said the most perfect, craftsmanship I've seen in the form of a book, and I've read a fair number of books in my life, this book is art

actual fucking fire

I would kiss the author and yeah she's a woman but I don't care

FIRE

goddamn

no words I have nothing to say, if anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them but for this review, I've got nothing profound to share lmaoooo my head is spinning I need a break

yk when I was browsing for a book to buy maybe 2 weeks ago, making rounds in the literature section, Out was laying in a pile of only two on a table stacked with much higher piles of other books, idk why I noticed this one and picked it up to see what it's about but when I read the blurb I knew my search was over

Kirino I am quaking in my boots bro ur insane and I love you

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Title: Out
Author: Natsuo Kirino
First published: 1997
Pages: 520
MY RATING: 10/10

my halfway review on another thread will do as a synopsis:

I can't put into actual words how outstanding this book was, nothing I say is gonna do it justice. it was the most perfect, yes I said the most perfect, craftsmanship I've seen in the form of a book, and I've read a fair number of books in my life, this book is art

actual fucking fire

I would kiss the author and yeah she's a woman but I don't care

FIRE

goddamn

no words I have nothing to say, if anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them but for this review, I've got nothing profound to share lmaoooo my head is spinning I need a break

yk when I was browsing for a book to buy maybe 2 weeks ago, making rounds in the literature section, Out was laying in a pile of only two on a table stacked with much higher piles of other books, idk why I noticed this one and picked it up to see what it's about but when I read the blurb I knew my search was over

Kirino I am quaking in my boots bro ur insane and I love you
im halfway thru the book its rlly good so far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)