Booker prize winners? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Hrm, was procrastinating for uni exams, visited BoS randomly after a LONG time haha XD

anyway, i've been an avid book reader since I was like... i dunno, for as long as i can remember actually. most of my life.

in any case, theres been this recent trend to people reading books for the first time in their life... and liking them (wow, surprise!11!). but what do they read? harry potter. twilight. and other hollywood inspired choices.

people. hollywood is film. not books. if you want to read books, please read something that the world of books approves of, so to speak. you'll enjoy it even more than twilight (hard to believe, i know).

try reading the booker prize winners! this years one, the white tiger, is just awesome! heck, read ANY of the booker prize winners, or heck, even the ones that were shortlisted.

in fact, don't limit yourself to just booker prize winners, google up some of the more famous awards, and read those books!

someones going to say "but everyone is different, taste is different" etc, but come on, there are awards for every genre, pick the genre you like and the associated prize etc. and to an extent, a good book is a good book, regardless of taste. think of shakespeare and dostoevsky and austin and all those other famous people... they wrote WELL, their books/texts are GOOD. period. and so its worth reading books that the booking world decides are good.

-sincerely thinking of your enjoyment ;D

sirfeathers

HSC
actually this is true. I have never found a single Booker Prize winner which I haven't enjoyed thoroughly. They are the only books which I endeavour to buy every single year. My favourite ones are Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, Life of Pi by Yann Martel and Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)