books, folders, paper? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know this may sound like a stupid question.

but what do current students think is better to take for lectures, books, folders, paper??

I'm sure its a personal choice but what seems to be the general choice?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Just have a paper n pen ready. Most people dont take notes at lectures even i dont majority of the time, because i dont look through my lec notes for studying.

jest3r

HSC
i usually just print off the lecture notes before hand and add in extra notes next to each powerpoint slide where i feel is necessary during the lecture. then in my own time i use the lecture notes in conjunction with a text book and write out a summary of the content.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
jest3r said:
i usually just print off the lecture notes before hand and add in extra notes next to each powerpoint slide where i feel is necessary during the lecture. then in my own time i use the lecture notes in conjunction with a text book and write out a summary of the content.
thats the best way to do it.

I dont take any notes, i find being able to totally focus on the material means i absorb more infomation then i go home, read through the slides again and write up a summary of the important stuff. I have a pretty incredible memory though so this wont work for most people.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Most of my subjects don't put lecture notes up because they want you to actually come to the lectures.

I used folders back in high school but these days I use books.

And I definitely do use my lecture notes for studying.

Depends on your subjects and yourself.

HSC
first session i did the book thing and filled books up with notes. by the time exams came around i couldnt understand a thing i had written so i didnt even use the books to study. this session i wrote virtually nothing - in maths i wrote examples in the margins, mechanics i had a book to do worked examples and physics and design = 0. then i just had a look at the lecture slides online when exams came around. and you know i think i did better this session! (touch wood til results on 27th...)

i think books are better than folders/paper because it keeps everything together. it does all depend on the subject though. i could see some needing very different approaches than eng.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Print the lecture notes out, write on them.
Do your tutorial work in your work book.
Write misc. notes at the back of your work book.
Put your lecture notes and workbook in a plastic or manilla folder.

It's simple and effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)