bop calculation lol (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
1647692003718.png

am i tripping

CA = Net Services + Net income + BOGS = - 70 - 115 + 500 - 540 = -225
KAFA = Net Current Transfers + Capital Transfers + Reserve Assets = - 20 + 85 + 30 = 95

Hence surplus of 130 bn on KAFA?... Do we just round it to 140 bn taking net omission errors into consideration or am I doing smthn wrong lmao

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would the following approach help?

So you just normally go through and sum together the amounts in the CA and KAFA and find the unknown but the trick here is that you know for the CA that the imports must always be an outflow since the funds recieved for the goods in hat transaction are leaving Aus and going O/S. Hence you need to make it negative i.e. -540 etc.

Thus the sum of the and since it has a floating exchange rate therefore therefore , i.e. (B).

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Would the following approach help?

So you just normally go through and sum together the amounts in the CA and KAFA and find the unknown but the trick here is that you know for the CA that the imports must always be an outflow since the funds recieved for the goods in hat transaction are leaving Aus and going O/S. Hence you need to make it negative i.e. -540 etc.

Thus the sum of the and since it has a floating exchange rate therefore therefore , i.e. (B).
Ahhh yeah im not sure why I put net current transfers in KAFA when its clearly CA...? I must've been tired. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)