Bored: Ironic useless fact. (1 Viewer)

Jase

HSC
Here's ironic and useless physics fact #1

It is an interesting historical point that Sir Joseph John Thomson was awarded the 1906 Nobel Prize in Physics for proving that the electron is a particle, and his son, Sir George Paget Thomson was awarded the 1937 Nobel Prize for Physics for showing that the electron is a wave.

How's the study going?

tempco

HSC
XD

study is goin alright... one hardcore study day tomorrow should be enough, no?

mojako

HSC
i knew this ironic useless fact #1 :p
except I dont remember the years

ironic non-useless fact #1:
the Braggs are made up of two entities: Sir William Henry Bragg and his son, Sir William Lawrence Bragg. His son, although is still a son, is already called Sir :D
they work together to investigate crystal lattice structure and this demonstrates the harmonious relationship between father and son. furthermore, this is a very professional relationship as they both call each other Sir.

CrashOveride

HSC
LOL @ mojako.

Here is something for u bored people. In the dot point section "2" of I2I, whats the diff between identify einstteins contribution.....and the other one in the other colums "assess eintstein's contribution...."

mojako

HSC
CrashOveride said:
LOL @ mojako.

Here is something for u bored people. In the dot point section "2" of I2I, whats the diff between identify einstteins contribution.....and the other one in the other colums "assess eintstein's contribution...."
obviously by inspection of letters, identify =/= assess
even primary school kids should know about it
i =/= a
d =/= s
e =/= s
n =/= e
t =/= s
i =/= s
f =/= (nvisible letter)
y =/= (invisible letter)

oh, and the first one is "einstteins" while the second is "eintstein's". aspects of quantum spelling are evident here.

ok, dot point "describe conduction in metals as a free movement of electrons unimpeded by the lattice" ... it IS impeded

Last edited:

mojako

HSC
nekkid said:
and Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard. :uhhuh:
I heard this one was becoz he hacked the school computers and stole answers or sumthing? hmm... memories mixed up...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
physics fact #2: einstein was a high school drop out
No he wasn't he excelled.

He did fail a university entrance exam but that was due to his French. So he went to another one. Keep in mind he did this when he was 16.

Jase

HSC
he was a primary school drop out. He decided to pursue secondary education physics books while the rest of the year were struggling with H I J K L M N O P.

Brad

Thats not ironic. Ironic is the use of a word other then its literal intention....... thank you bender....

Jase

HSC
ahhah.. THAT's not irony, irony is when we're all made of iron.... thank you Caboose...

superbird

HSC
meh point is some of the smartest and most successful people in the world didnt even go to uni....

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Lol.. lets keep the trend going Superbird ;)

Umm einstein also married his cousin didnt he?
and dry-shaved?

and his brain was 15% larger than the average human's??

Oh well despite that.. the man rocked and was quite photogenic - i want a poster of him poking his tongue out with his hair all frizzled.
it shows that even the smartest people can have fun sometimes :D

Oh and i also reckon that "Charlie Duke" on those new Mitsubishi Pajero ad's is giving the NASA space program a bad name.
How can he possibly compare a 2004 japanese mass-produced SUV with a pioneering rocket used by the Americans in the 20th century?
FOOL!
PS - he sounds like a hillbilly too

sub

right...since this seems like a random thread with little point...i wanna wish u ALL goodluck. tho most of the ppl on here kno what they're talking about, to those stupid enough to be dragged in...that was for u...(me included)

JayWalker

HSC
Xayma said:
No he wasn't he excelled.

He did fail a university entrance exam but that was due to his French. So he went to another one. Keep in mind he did this when he was 16.
No way.. he failed high school because of his inability to convey his ideas...
I know, he was in my class :D

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
lol, so you all taught Einstein eh? Does that mean you're gonna get 100% in the test tomorrow?... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)