Bored Of Studies vs Board of Studies (1 Viewer)

Which is more reliable in terms of resources?

• Board of Studies.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Bored of Studies.

Votes: 75 54.3%
  • They're both great.

Votes: 50 36.2%

• Total voters

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone. How's study?
I'd like to know from you guys, which of these two BOS's- Board of Studies or Bored of Studies did you find helpful. Which one has the best resources??

I'm sure you are familiar with THIS SITE but I'll tell you what the Board is like.
The Board has online multiple-choice tests which I love, past exam papers with answers and marking schemes (past ten years,I think) and syllabuses for every subject(but they're hundreds of pages long).

So let me hear your thoughts.
GOOD LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2005. :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i like bored of studies because of its resources, its popularity in terms of people posting heaps of stuff, being able to talk to others from different school, having a wide range of things we can use and share.

i like board of studies because of the past papers, and syllabus requirements it provides.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Bored is about students helping students.
The Board are the ones who wrote the syllabus and set the HSC exams. (They are also the ones who run the HSC advice line).

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
vegemite said:
You obviously work for the Board of Studies..... :rolleyes:
Woh! Where's this comment coming from?
I was probably a bit too biased boasting about the Board a bit too much. Personally I use both sites.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I use board of studies about 4 times during my HSC:
1. To get the syllabus
2. to check my ranks,
3. to change my phone number
5. to check my marks

I used this site almost every day. It had an abundance of papers + answers to many of them, people with experience in both marking the HSC exams as well as some of the best students to have ever sat them. You can always trust to get quick and accurate responses here for maths, which is what I used it for most.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Board of studies has NOTHING compared to this site.
The only useful thing from Board of Studies I have used is the mc quizzes.
Syllabi are given to me by teachers from their copies. Past papers are in the Success One books and english questions can all be found here.
So in conclusion I find Board of Studies useless compared to Bored of Studies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think they are comparable in what they do and set out to achieve ;)

BOard of stuides dosent really set out to provide notes etc as that is not their purpose

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Stopsign said:
Woh! Where's this comment coming from?
I was probably a bit too biased boasting about the Board a bit too much. Personally I use both sites.
It's a conspiracy! You're one of the feds! The, uh... BoS-Feds. Even though the BoS is run by the state government. THAT'S PART OF THE CONSPIRACY TOO!

EVERYONE GET A PROXY, OR SHORTLY A BLACK VAN WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR HOUSE AND THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Stopsign said:
Hey dude, calm down. Stop being so paranoid!
Check the poll and see which option is in the lead.

Board of Studies only has the multiple-choice tests that I like.
I spend more time on this site though.
heaps looks like it. Post count: 4, Join Date: sep 2005

EDIT: Bos Glitch! Spooky!

Last edited:

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
It's a conspiracy! You're one of the feds! The, uh... BoS-Feds. Even though the BoS is run by the state government. THAT'S PART OF THE CONSPIRACY TOO!

EVERYONE GET A PROXY, OR SHORTLY A BLACK VAN WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR HOUSE AND THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN!
Hey dude, calm down. Stop being so paranoid!
Check the poll and see which option is in the lead.

Board of Studies only has the multiple-choice tests that I like.
I spend more time on this site though.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I find that the name "Bored of studies" is more reflective of the philosophy and mood of the majority of HSC students, as opposed to "Board" which is full of old fogies that want us all to fail. Bored is also tonnes more interesting and not only meets the needs of our education through its "school" forum but also harbours a understanding for the undeniable urge to procrastinate with it's various "non-school" forums.

Please note stopsign/board of studies double agent. This is my opinion and is in no way influenced by my school or teachers. Make sure u tell that to the old fogies.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Actually, I think it WAS influenced by your teachers, or at least your english teacher. That sounds like something straight outta the syllabus...

"Students will develop an understanding of the undeniable urge to procrastinate..."

I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

C

Crazy Pomo

Captain Gh3y said:
But Bored of Studies gives us other peoples' work, which we can blatantly, shamelessly plagiarise and use to get marks from the Board of Studies.
Yes, it's beautiful. Or rather, blatantly, shamelessly modify just enough to not be accused of plagarism.

going_under

HSC
Well i don't know if either helped me to go well in my HSC
but Bored of Studies helped me waste a lot of time that i could have spent studying.. so Bored of Studies is my choice

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a teacher I tell my students to come here but I warn them that I also read here and now have started posting.

The reason I recommend it to my students is because I feel they can share their knowledge and get help/advice here from others in a like situation.

I also know that lots of teachers use the site.

The Board of Studies site, however, should be used to check the syllabi for your courses and other technical questions about the HSC itself not so much for direct help on a daily basis throughout the year.

As for the person who said the Board of Studies wants you to fail - it doesn't. One thing we are always told at HSC marking is to give marks whenever we can as we are not out to fail students but to do all we can to give the maximum marks we can.

If the BOS wanted you to fail they would set papers with tricks in them but certainly in the subjects I teach that has never been the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)