• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boring things about cricket? (1 Viewer)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
i will give my opinion about the boing things about cricket

1. if your team is batting and your not batting then what do you do, you would probably sit down

2. the pace of the game is slow

3. if your team is fielding and your not bowling, all you do is stand in the field usually most of the time

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I just dont like cricket in genera;.. my sis is like this huge fan and Has practically a shrine dedicated to it

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
love cricket. The best Jerry, the best!

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Asquithian said:
why the fuck do you care...go away and play some game on ur play station...cricket wasnt meant to be exciting
you seem like you care about what i had posted

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I love cricket...if anything about it is boring then to me its when the game goes hours without anyone taking a wicket...that is unless it is my team/team im cheering for thats batting

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
i wrote to channel 9 last year about the cricket because it took over advertised tv on several occassions and there were shows they didnt re schedule (farscape) or advertise written apologies for (which they have to do).... anyway it was a 3 page letter with all these facts. they sent me a 3 line reply.... blah blah sorry etc and never went thru with what they said they would in the letter...
i always write to council or companies about things. they think im a bored old lady. im just a bored smart alec.

lengstar

HSC
what is the equivalent of watching paint dry?

Skeeta

HSC
omg i am soooo in love with this thread..

hehe im very over cricket (my b/f plays 1st grade and it eats up all his time)

it is the most boring sport ever.. i have got to matches for "support" but still alwats manage to get sunburnt whilst falling asleep....

what concerns me most is the white aspect... for someone as uneducated in the sport (im getting better!.. its taken me 3 yrs tho) who is meant 2 know what team is batting???

lengstar

HSC
I've played cricket. Besides batting there isn't really anything else to do so last time I played was when they stopped using tennis balls, primary school.

lengstar

HSC
Oh I was good. I managed many 6s by smacking the ball behind the school buildings 60 metres away. Playing it might be okay.... with a tennis ball :p... but watching it is torture.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
/me sits in front of the telly watching cricket :p

one dayers are the best.

Skeeta

HSC
Asquithian said:
well when ur bf is in the field this means he aint batting :p

why the hell does your bf make you go watch! Thats the last place id take my gf! (unless of course she loved cricket!)

haha yeah i know but everyones dressed the same and on arrival i just cant tell...

he doesnt make me watch i was just kinda guilt tripped into it... you know how it is
"i play cricket every weekend.. and for the past 3 years you've only come a few times and it'd be cool if you came, you should learn to enjoy it.. it'll be fun.. bring a friend and sunbake.. blah b;ah"

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah im meant 2 go watch 2morro but this thread has given me motivation to stand up and say HELL NO!!! mwahahah

yeah i took my m8 with me 2 a few of the games, we were the only females within a five 5 radius and boy didnt we know it!!!

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i went and watched my brother play today @ campbelltown, the first time ive gone this year, i fell asleep... it was to hot, thats what i dont miss about cricket. the excessive heat

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
The fact is... cricket will and always will appeal to some people and be hated by others...
It might be boring, but it's a game of skill and more importantly team effort...
Me, having played cricket for a good 6 years before my retirement (lol) can say its a great game...
But I don't fancy watching test matches... They ARE boring... Especially if it's one sided...
Those who complain about how boring playing the game is, maybe if you were a better player and weren't so shit you would get more opportunities... then you might enjoy urself...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
dark`secrets said:
/me sits in front of the telly watching cricket :p

one dayers are the best.
an asian girl who enjoys cricket?

marry me?

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Asquithian said:
um...because i like cricket...go away

Not liking anything or at least not acknowleding the merits of anything is a result of lack of understanding and ignorance...GO THE FUCK AWAY and do something you consider exciting...
Do you have any manners because you seem rude and just because you like cricket doesn't mean that i have to like it. I am entitled to my opinion so stop bitching about like a little kid. Don't you have better things to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)