• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boring things about cricket? (1 Viewer)

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
Cricket is a beautiful game that is more than just a bunch of guys standing in the sun waiting a minute for a ball that rarely comes their way. There are lots of tactics involved, field placings, bowling changes, using rough spots on the pitch to name a few. To truely appreciate the game, you need to appreciate more than just watching the ball hitting the bat and going to the boundary.

Lob-sided matches are always bad for the game but they are very entertaining...

Seabiscuit

HSC
There's nothing better than wasting your day away watching a game of cricket! I really want to see a live game.. hoping to do so sometime soon!!!!
One dayers ARE more exciting than Tests, but they can be very stressful as well! Test matches are usually a bit less stressful and more laid back. But they are not as exciting.
Meanwhile.. Australia beat New Zealand!!!! :) (Now THAt was an exciting game!)

kirabolton

HSC
I LOVE CRICKET! IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GAME EVER. those who think it's entirely boring, stuffy and stupid obviously just don't understand it. Cricketer's are the best sportsmen (maybe not physically) in the world, i love them all...well...except shoaib akhter and well a couple others/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cricket is fucken awesome y0 XD

Nah seriously, i like cricket its great :)

budj

HSC
Yeah cricket is great. Especially if you are actually playing for a pub representing team. Wow what fun..and the drinks afterwards...lol its great

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
Seabiscuit said:
There's nothing better than wasting your day away watching a game of cricket! I really want to see a live game.. hoping to do so sometime soon!!!!
One dayers ARE more exciting than Tests, but they can be very stressful as well! Test matches are usually a bit less stressful and more laid back. But they are not as exciting.
Meanwhile.. Australia beat New Zealand!!!! :) (Now THAt was an exciting game!)
I went to watch cricket LIVE once and that was pretty shit.. if you are used to watching it on TV, you will hate it coz wherever you sit is the only view of the pitch you will ever get... the bloody large screen puts on the commercial when they bowl, then show you LIVE (bowler walking back to the mark) when there's no action. It totally sucks, there's no replays of balls, so you basically just go there and get sunburnt...

I can only imagine someone enjoying this if they are die hard fans and just want to be there for the atmosphere and support their teams by taunting the faster bowlers when they field.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok, 2 take this bak 2 the orriginal post -
1- wen ur team is battin and u arent, this is the best time, either playin a game of backyard cricket on the side of the ground, or startin up a mexican wave, or yelling, "oi, keeper, give us a wave!!!" - either way, its all gud
2- slow, pfft, and golf is so much better, or even better is chess aye, wat about bowls, now thats speed, but we cant beat the speed of dungeons and dragons, now thats blistering pace!!!
3- i cant even remember wat ur third one was but its shit 2, cricket owns, u suck, now go bak 2 ur magic cards and fuk off m8
sincerely, dawso

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Asquithian said:
Dont you have better things to do than start threads like this one. This isnt the fucking complaints section of BOS.
LoL relax man~!
You can't convince everyone... :p

Pace Setter

Dimsimmer said:
1. if your team is batting and your not batting then what do you do, you would probably sit down
When your not batting, you're constantly thinking about a plan to bowl the opposition out so you can bat again.

Dimsimmer said:
2. the pace of the game is slow
A complaint heard regularly from those with the attention-span of a cat.

Dimsimmer said:
3. if your team is fielding and your not bowling, all you do is stand in the field usually most of the time
Speaking of being boring and repetitive...

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
1. Your opposition is not getting out
2. If the pace is tooo slow
3. When you get caught /behind/stumped/bowled/lbw/hit wkt etc
4. When you look at the scoreboard and you're a long way behind
5. When your teammates r out batting and dont pick up the pace

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
dawso said:
ok, 2 take this bak 2 the orriginal post -
1- wen ur team is battin and u arent, this is the best time, either playin a game of backyard cricket on the side of the ground, or startin up a mexican wave, or yelling, "oi, keeper, give us a wave!!!" - either way, its all gud
2- slow, pfft, and golf is so much better, or even better is chess aye, wat about bowls, now thats speed, but we cant beat the speed of dungeons and dragons, now thats blistering pace!!!
3- i cant even remember wat ur third one was but its shit 2, cricket owns, u suck, now go bak 2 ur magic cards and fuk off m8
sincerely, dawso
um, firstly, i dont play around with magic cards and secondly if you like cricket then thats fine but you dont have to bitch about my post by saying 'shit 2, cricket owns, u suck, now go bak 2 ur magic cards and fuk off m8'.

Last edited:

aj_number_10

HSC
crickets great and is my favourite sport, but I acn even see why people would like it. I really dont feel unless you have played it you can enjoy watching it. Crickets fun theres not much that isnt good about it.

Bowling = good
Batting = good
Fielding = its up to you, if you get out there enjoy yourself, get stuck into a few of the batsman with some funny comments, it can be a great day.
Not batting = yeah its ok, you can muck around with people. It can be terrible though if youve gotten out early though.

But hmm its a game of patience really. The ones who dont enjoy it are generally the worst cricketers, cause they "dont know how to block" or reasons like that.

P:S - to the girls guy who plays first grade. Who is it for? Are you talking Grade cricket or District\Park cricket?. Whose he play for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)