BOS Browser Share (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why do u people have IE tell me its disadvantages? i use it and i see nothing wrong with it .

HSC

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
balanced perspective++ :) Go here to find out why IE is the best: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx :rolleyes:

Somewhere like http://secunia.com/ is best for comparing browser security (As they are relatively unbiased, at least outwardly, unlike official product sites), and to compare features you can google up millions of reviews and comparisons.
Between the IE home and the Firefox home, I think the perspective balance is: "Read bias bollocks about Firefox, then read bias bollocks about IE."

Also, secunia doesn't even give stats on Lynx like it does for IE/Firefox. :( How am I supposed to know the browser I choose is really all that secure. :( Linus hasn't told me it is, either, so I'm at a terrible loss. :(

HSC
poloktim said:
Between the IE home and the Firefox home, I think the perspective balances. "Read bias bollocks about Firefox, then read bias bollocks about IE."
My point exactly :)

poloktim said:
Also, secunia doesn't even give stats on Lynx like it does for IE/Firefox. :( How am I supposed to know the browser I choose is really all that secure. :( Linus hasn't told me it is, either, so I'm at a terrible loss. :(
That's because Lynx is so haktek that secunia still aren't even showing it up ;) Linus is a busy man, but I'm sure millions of fatties, doing his bidding worldwide, will agree with me in recommending it as the ultimate browser, nay, lifestyle!

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Who cares about security?
The people at the Jesus foundation, uh, Mozilla, seem to think security is pretty important. So do millions of knob smokers who recommend firefox to people who don't give a nugget, on a daily basis. Or are they taking back the Internet in the name of tabbed browsing and pretty interfaces?

jm1234567890 said:
Firefox is more customisable, end of story. For me anyway.
True. Lynx is pretty awesome when it comes to customising, under XP you can set the console colours via the normal method for command prompts, it's elite. I'm using yellow text on pink at the moment, so that anyone who does try to read what I'm doing (Who avoids my leet security by gaining physical access), is still foiled because they can't see a thing!

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
And we have a winner for ugliest graph ever.

I thought there would have been more 'fox users.
Maybe you can contribute your significant personal wealth to help them take out more newspaper ads encouraging people to help save the world by installing firefox ;)

malkin86

HSC
fatmuscle said:
so... a while down the track, and Firefox keeps eating away... (slowly)
So is Mozilla... it's being eaten away, by the MoFo's decision to quit developing it and to concentrate on Fx and Tb instead... Not happy... :mad:

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Maybe you can contribute your significant personal wealth to help them take out more newspaper ads encouraging people to help save the world by installing firefox ;)
I would but this old place is just falling apart. *cellings breaks open and gold coins flow down* See what I mean?

Adrian.

HSC
I think 17% Firefox use is very good for a non-tech related website. I also think a 6% increase is excellent. I think out of 'the whole internet' Firefox gets about 5% use. It might have gone up a bit though.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why do i need security on my browser?? i got virus protection on my computer so its all good. and the pop up blocked i also got. and the google searchbar being in the browser? well i hate searchbars so i stick with IE.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
why do i need security on my browser?? i got virus protection on my computer so its all good. and the pop up blocked i also got. and the google searchbar being in the browser? well i hate searchbars so i stick with IE.
in case people steal your personal information, like passwords, credit cards, etc.

But if your careful this won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)