• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bos Sam (1 Viewer)

Nissanist

Hi, I'm just wondering, is the Student assessment Modeller really accurate? Cause I'm just wondering about how my English would affect overall HSC mark. I'm doing advanced and are not very good at it, but im doing alrite with my other subjects. Say, my estimate for english would be around 65! or less! and my other subjects are around mid 80s. I'm aiming for a UAI of around 80-90. Would the english mark prevent me from getting that UAI?

FinalFantasy

HSC
Nissanist said:
Hi, I'm just wondering, is the Student assessment Modeller really accurate? Cause I'm just wondering about how my English would affect overall HSC mark. I'm doing advanced and are not very good at it, but im doing alrite with my other subjects. Say, my estimate for english would be around 65! or less! and my other subjects are around mid 80s. I'm aiming for a UAI of around 80-90. Would the english mark prevent me from getting that UAI?
depends what subjects ur getting mid 80s
and keep in mind mid 80s at ur school might be very good or very bad compared to others so u can't judge by that..

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Its not very accurate when youre looking at marks anywhere below 90. It seems to be more accurate for people getting around 98, 99 etc. I wouldn't count on it, its only predicting what you would have got 2 years ago and not this year and even then that prediction could be incorrect. Anyway enjoy the painful uncertainty that the HSC year brings ;)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
ps I put in actual HSC marks- not school marks- of friends from last year... the UAIs SAM predicted were way off. Mostly overestimated.

^___^
HSC
word of warning:

SAM is not used to predict your UAI, however it is used to work out what UAI you might have got when you've sat the HSC exams in that particular year.
Also, it could be a tad too early to work out your UAI at the moment(unless you go to a top school), so i would only start looking at using SAM when you've recieved your trial marks

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
SAM is currently uses 03 data, too, so your UAI estimate may be a bit high.

^___^
HSC
suger_plum said:
why dont they change it to 04 data?
because the admins have their own work to do too.
There are other "UAI prediction" software out there provided by various BOS members that uses 04 data, perhaps you might like to use them

here is jm1234567890's profile, click on JUAI seeker on his sig
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/member.php?u=721

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
miaomiao said:
ps I put in actual HSC marks- not school marks- of friends from last year... the UAIs SAM predicted were way off. Mostly overestimated.
Like other poeple have mentioned, the reason why the predicted UAI was way off is because SAM is based on either 2001,2002 and 2003, not 2004.

FinalFantasy

HSC
hey does anyone know why, with same scores in SAM, each year earlier gives a higher UAI, and not lower?
e.g year 2003<2002<2001 in UAI for the same set of scores
i know it is supposed to be different every year but howcome it doesn't differ such that 2003>2002 or something?

tennille

HSC
I've noticed that if I put in my marks, my 2002 UAI is lower than any other year, not 2003.

FinalFantasy

HSC
o i remember putting in some scores, and each year earlier was a higher UAI, each year later the UAI goes lower:(

tennille

HSC
I guess it depends what marks you get. But yeah, generally they've been going down each year. But I don't know why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)