BOS Showcase: 2004 Major Works (1 Viewer)

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
question, for the link that reads:

deusexmachina (State Top in EE2 2004)

is thata ctually the script of the candidate who came first in the state for the ENTIRE course??

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah his was #1.

mine was a critical analysis of adolescent sexuality in buffy the vampire slayer. i found an old copy of it in my bedroom the other day and reread it and get "d'oh! - i could've made it so much better". mine's just a straight crit, no imaginative postmodern shit - i'm not clever enough. :)

my final mark was 48

Eslyssa

HSC
~V~, your sneeze story was amazing! I mean, really, really amazing!

Don't you know how to make a student feel inadequate...

Anyway. Wow.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
deusexmachina said:
Well, here you go...

I'm not including my title page (which is about 500 k because of the picture), but this is the first in NSW English Extension 2 major work for 2004. It's called
The Nine Cities of Troy: A Requiem for Utopia All criticism welcome!
Wow! If that's you, then I saw you on the cover of the study guide in 'Radar' with the Sydney Morning Herald. Charles King I assume?
Awesome stuff, I just read your story. Makes my work look a little lackluster if i don't say so myself :-/ Exceptional work. I might see if I can print out a copy for my english teacher to have a read of, he would definately be interested in the top ext 2 work of the year.

Porcia

HSC
Opium said:
Wow! If that's you, then I saw you on the cover of the study guide in 'Radar' with the Sydney Morning Herald. Charles King I assume?
Awesome stuff, I just read your story. Makes my work look a little lackluster if i don't say so myself :-/ Exceptional work. I might see if I can print out a copy for my english teacher to have a read of, he would definately be interested in the top ext 2 work of the year.
got a picture?

X

xeuyrawp

Opium said:
I took some photos of it for you.

pic 1

pic 2
awww, he's cute.

I jsut read his work, and all I can say is "wow." Very nice piece of work, Charles.

Ahh mine could have been so much better if I put more work in, so much of it was rushed... Although like is said by Calvin, I work better in last minute rush:)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
I would really love for you guys to attach your marks to ur major works once you have got your marks (lol if ur posting in this thread u all should have yours.) Or give me a pm with ur marks so I can see where you guys scale up and where to go from there. Honestly there is some real talent in these pieces and I am very reassured that cultured academics still exist, your living proof that science and consumeristic ideologies have not consumed the more intellectually articulate and consistent members of society. People I can truly respect for their merits :) great stuff

X

xeuyrawp

nick1048 said:
I would really love for you guys to attach your marks to ur major works once you have got your marks (lol if ur posting in this thread u all should have yours.) Or give me a pm with ur marks so I can see where you guys scale up and where to go from there. Honestly there is some real talent in these pieces and I am very reassured that cultured academics still exist, your living proof that science and consumeristic ideologies have not consumed the more intellectually articulate and consistent members of society. People I can truly respect for their merits :) great stuff
That's a very random thing to say. My work didn't go as well as I thought it would, which I was annoyed about, but oh well. I got 49 internally, 47 externally. Scaled to 48 (go figure).

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Same as me! Although as a raw mark I actually got 50 internally, so my crappy external mark dragged me down. :(

monique66

just a random query but if i lose marks for an assessment does that mean i'll get 50 minus those marks? Or does scaling come into it?

X

xeuyrawp

damnation said:
just a random query but if i lose marks for an assessment does that mean i'll get 50 minus those marks? Or does scaling come into it?
errr. no.

Internal marks = all the marks of the assesments- Proposal, Viva, Report. This mark is rarely touched/edited. = 50%

External marks = your mw marked. = 50%.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
ahhhhh excellent, those marks are amazing, but then it radiates from the quality of your work. I really enjoyed reading your responses, very lengthy and selective research which was pouring out of every page. :) Thanks guys n galz

J

jhakka

I have merged this thread with welshi's BOS Anthology. A list of links to the 2004 major works posted here has been edited into Erin's first post.

HSC
N/A
Hi Justin,

For some reason my RS isn't on the file you've got listed above (although it was included in original thread, albiet in a different post (the one just under, and not attached to MW).

Here is a new file that's got both MW and RS in the one attachment.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
The Simpsons - D'oh! + EE2

hey,
i was just looking through the critical responses (2003,2004) and was wondering how well those who did a CR on the Simpsons scored
i read through "Save me Jebus!" and it was brilliant! i really loved it, i can really feel the effort that the person put in it
so if you're out there, how well did you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)