BOS Showcase: 2006 Major Works (1 Viewer)

princy

HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:
Dawww. I'm still unsure about mine. I think I like it, but at the same time, I'm not too sure. Oh well.

Genre: Short Story
Title: Schrodinger's Cat

Kekeke. Oh. Um. Beware sex, violence and a singular obscenity. Wootwoot.
Wow. Just wow...

...in a good way.

Last edited:

emily_lestrange

HSC
Poetry
'Blood Branches and a Line of Leaves'

WARNING: extremely pathetic in relation to other major works on this thread, and no I am not just saying that.

NB: Epic-endural is separate as I presented it upside down, due to the nature of the poem and the issues it refers to.

The Family Tree was placed at the beginning to explain the format of the MW.

kermalo

HSC
Here is my Major work + reflection, if anybody is still sifting through this thread
but to warn some, the content of my short story can make some feel "alienated", although i have softened it up a little from what i could have done to it, i can't really explain unless you read a bit of it.

its just a story!

and BTW, i really like Ennaybur's style of writting in A Fool's Journey, laid back and not to assertive, thats how i describe it anyway

HinikuTheNinja, love your story 2, as if Evangelion wasn't an influence

I havn't actually read the stories above all the way through, its late at night, will do in morning

anyway, criticism and comments welcome

HSC
I'vev only just discovered this section of the website and, well, if everybody else is brave enough to post their own stories up, there is no reason I should not be.

I am not always my own worst critic, but I cut myself down time and again during this whole process, and all the feedback I have SO FAR received has all been (mostly) positive. There is one section that is perhaps what is best defined as "dodgy" but it is only a little piece and I do not think it detracts greatly from the essence of the work.

Also, I'm not one hundred percent confident on my reflection statement, but unforeseen circumstances resulted in a, shall we say, rush to finish it.

Title: Farangs
Medium: Short Story
Synopsis: "Farangs" focuses on the cultural and psychological differences between Westerners (notably Americans and Australians) and those of the Thai culture and nationality. I like to think of it as a story of self-discovery more than anything, but also as a commentary on stereotypes. You may or may not agree with me, but as it is my work, well, that's all there is to it.

I had a bit of criticism that my chapter titles were perhaps a little didactic - but if it appears thus to anybody else, it was intentional. Everyone else that looked at it said they were excellent chapter headings, so, as I agree, that's good enough for me.

If nobody can access these it is also available to read on my MySpace blog:

Farangs on MySpace

Lanalor

HSC
Much like MisterPresident I have only just discovered this thread too! After reading as many of the posted MW's as possible, I thought it was time to post my own.|

Let me first say that I am incredibly anxious about what I have written. Concerns about whether or not the subject matter is too derivative, the theme cliched or the writing just plain crap - have plagued on my mind since I handed it in. I have had mostly positive feedback from who I have shown it to, but friends and family aren't quite as critical as fellow peers.

If you can find the time to read it, I would appreciate it immensely and feedback would be an added bonus that wouldn't go unnoticed :)

Medium: Short Story (Suite Of 7)
Title: Memento Mori "Remember You Are Mortal"
Synopsis: A critique on the way Western society is affected by individual choices examined by character relationships which echo the notion of the Seven Deadly Sins as represented in literature across time. To steal a quote from my reflection statement "My major work is an exploration of humanity. It is a fusion of my world and the society in which I live. It is a representation of how I see the world through a medium of creative composition."

tubbsmaster

HSC
My 2006 film can be found here

Title: mors omnia vincit
Medium: Film/Video
Synopsis:
mors omnia vincit (Latin for 'death always wins) is a short film dealing with the ways in which people deal with death in different ways. The film is heavily based in renaissance-era philosophy and modern existentialism.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1321237326

My teacher was happy with the end result, but I think it's a bit too full of metaphors etc. as oppose to my usual, more linear style. Let me know what you think :)

Steainsy

HSC
caaal said:
Mine's called 'Que(e)rying the Body' and I would really like to know everyone's opinions on it. Please comment!
Did anyone reply to this?
Anyway I just want to say I enjoyed your essay. You've obviously done a lot of reading. And for our age this is a great effort.
Actually I don't really agree with your essay, or rather I don't know what point it really makes, but I know how hard it is to sift through high level essays and try to make a point of your own.
Anyway, it was a pretty engaging read.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Well done Calvin! You did a great job! I enjoyed it, and the large amounts of research and pure enjoyment of writing comes through clearly. Sometimes your language was slightly overwhelming because it became a bit ornate and verbose, but you still conveyed your research and opinions in a sophisticated way. yay! :)

emily_lestrange

HSC
emily_lestrange said:
Poetry
'Blood Branches and a Line of Leaves'

WARNING: extremely pathetic in relation to other major works on this thread, and no I am not just saying that.

NB: Epic-endural is separate as I presented it upside down, due to the nature of the poem and the issues it refers to.

The Family Tree was placed at the beginning to explain the format of the MW.
Well I got 38/50 for this, ending with an overall of 40/50!..

Lanalor

HSC
Lanalor said:
Much like MisterPresident I have only just discovered this thread too! After reading as many of the posted MW's as possible, I thought it was time to post my own.|

Let me first say that I am incredibly anxious about what I have written. Concerns about whether or not the subject matter is too derivative, the theme cliched or the writing just plain crap - have plagued on my mind since I handed it in. I have had mostly positive feedback from who I have shown it to, but friends and family aren't quite as critical as fellow peers.

If you can find the time to read it, I would appreciate it immensely and feedback would be an added bonus that wouldn't go unnoticed :)

Medium: Short Story (Suite Of 7)
Title: Memento Mori "Remember You Are Mortal"
Synopsis: A critique on the way Western society is affected by individual choices examined by character relationships which echo the notion of the Seven Deadly Sins as represented in literature across time. To steal a quote from my reflection statement "My major work is an exploration of humanity. It is a fusion of my world and the society in which I live. It is a representation of how I see the world through a medium of creative composition."
49/50

YAYAYAYAYA

shimmy&shine

HSC
here's my poetry major work & reflection statement! :)
i got 50/50 for it.
Hope it helps all future ee2ers.

Medium: Poetry
Title: To Scour the Creaming Crests

My collection of poems are about the life and cycles of Sylvia Plath examined through the lens of the Moon Goddess theories of Robert Graves.

Last edited:

princesskt

HSC
aw wow shimmy&shine i havnt read all of it, but u SO deserved that mark and to be put in the book! good on you!!

shimmy&shine

HSC
thanks a lot for you feedback! i really appreciate it. honestly, i read it now and cringe, it's so hard that i can't edit or change anything anymore. :(

tulipa said:
Oh I remember reading that! It was a good collection overall but you did that horrible horrible thing where you put a comma then an "and".
someone else mentioned that as well! I wish i picked it up, but that's alright. can't change it now. thanks for your repsonse tulipa, i was actually wondering what you thought of it after i sent it to you.

princesskt said:
aw wow shimmy&shine i havnt read all of it, but u SO deserved that mark and to be put in the book! good on you!!
thanks, that's sweet. good luck for ee2!!

LottoX said:
Oh, how I've been dying to read this.
i remember thinking exactly the same thing when you posted yours up, because we had been discussing our major works for so long, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)