BOS (1 Viewer)

lonelynight99

HSC
does BOS frequently make mistakes when marking HSC paper like didnt mark extra booklets or questions?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh okay..Can I ask you a question? For English paper 1 short answer, the BOS marked by hand or scanning? If I used liquid paper, Can they still marked it?
I do not have the answer to that. You are best off asking somebody more specific to English, such as LoveHateSchool.

However, I can tell you that using liquid paper in the HSC Examination is a poor decision due to the time constraints.

lonelynight99

HSC
I do not have the answer to that. You are best off asking somebody more specific to English, such as LoveHateSchool.

However, I can tell you that using liquid paper in the HSC Examination is a poor decision due to the time constraints.
it just waste ur time right? At that time I was doing the short answer, so the space is limited, I thought they not gonna provide the whole paper 1 question just for 1-2 questions

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
it just waste ur time right? At that time I was doing the short answer, so the space is limited, I thought they not gonna provide the whole paper 1 question just for 1-2 questions
English papers are marked by people.

It's a waste of time to use white-out. Just cross it out and keep writing.

nifkeh

HSC
Oh okay..Can I ask you a question? For English paper 1 short answer, the BOS marked by hand or scanning? If I used liquid paper, Can they still marked it?
I think they scan it, but yeah they can still mark it if you used liquid paper, unless the correction tape peeled off or your writing on top of the dried liquid paper is unreadable. english papers are marked by people not by machines

enoilgam

HSC
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the papers are scanned onto computers before being marked nowadays. I dont think they will refuse to mark a paper with liquid paper on it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Last I remember, white-out wasn't on the list of approved items anyway. You would get away with it, but why bother.

enoilgam

HSC
Last I remember, white-out wasn't on the list of approved items anyway. You would get away with it, but why bother.
When I did the HSC they took it off people as they entered. But otherwise, I dont really think it's needed either - it's much more quick and efficient to cross stuff out.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can I just clear up the situation about scanning and people marking:

If a written response is less than 10 marks in some, if not all subjects, it will be scanned and marked by real people at their homes e.g. both Modern and Ancient History Core topics are marked by markers at home because the responses are scanned.

All responses 10 marks or more is marked by people in communal settings such as at the showground.

For how long this will continue I don't know. I have heard that the longer responses will continue to be marked communally for some years yet while the shorter responses will be scanned and marked by real people in their own homes - this is cheaper for the BOS as these markers are paid per script not per hour.

Multiple Choice questions, or others where you colour in a bubble, are machine marked but anything written is marked by a person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)