Both FINS1612 and 1613 in first year Sem1? (CS student) (1 Viewer)

shadowdyne

HSC
N/A
http://prntscr.com/9o0d00
First year Comp Sci (international) student here, hence the early offer haha. So far I'm sure I want to do the following:
- COMP1917
- MATH1131
- FINS1613

But I'm really not sure about the 4th subject so I just enrolled in FINS1612 for the time being (any advice on this?). If it makes any difference I'm looking to do a minor in finance. I'm aware that I can do discrete maths with this slot but I'd much prefer to do it in sem2. Don't seem keen on ENGG1000 either. Any feedback would be nice, thanks

p.s. what is the "other" COMP1917 course?

mreditor16

HSC
From what I can see, you've decided upon a finance minor before actually completing any finance subjects. If you realise a finance minor is not for you during/shorttly after studying FINS1613, the completion of FINS1612 will be pretty much be a waste. I would delay FINS1612 by at least a semester, just in case you change your mind about your choice of minor.

shadowdyne

HSC
N/A
From what I can see, you've decided upon a finance minor before actually completing any finance subjects. If you realise a finance minor is not for you during/shorttly after studying FINS1613, the completion of FINS1612 will be pretty much be a waste. I would delay FINS1612 by at least a semester, just in case you change your mind about your choice of minor.
thanks for the reply. would you say that it would be better if I used my elective in a different field to get a better feel of 2 study fields instead?

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

mreditor16

HSC
thanks for the reply. would you say that it would be better if I used my elective in a different field to get a better feel of 2 study fields instead?

Tbh I don't know/understand much about the situation, so I have no valuable answer for that query. Sorry :/

shadowdyne

HSC
N/A
When do you plan to do Discrete Maths? That can be done concurrently with MATH1131 if you want.
semester 2 first year, mostly because I want to become fully used to living independently and uni life in the first semester (thus lower first Sem workload I guess)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)