Boudicca Revolt help?? (1 Viewer)

yurricane

HSC
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Q1: a) Describe the celtic society that existed in britain before the revolt.

b) Describe the Roman society that existed in britain after the revolt.

Q2:
Explain the reasons for the revolt and assess which reason was most important in causing the revolt.

Q3:a) Explain the consequences of the revolt for the Britos.

b) Explain the consequences of the revolt for the Roman.

Can any one help me on how to go about this question (note: with questions one and three you can choose on)

And which questions i should pick for Q's one and three??

Thanks if anyone can help (LOLS its due tommorrow):jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi:

hjudge05

HSC
*sigh* just posted a reply to a thread called "Boudicca!!!" or something like that, by super_girl.

i just mentioned sources i analysed, cos i cant find my essay on her. heres 3 sources i used though, which recommend:

BATTLEFEILD BRITAIN – BBC VIDEO

This video helped me understand Boudicca’s revolt if 60AD as I learn particularly well visually. The presenters took their audience around significant sites in Britain related to the revolt and in some cases provided a reenactment, helping me to visualize what happened nearly 2000 years ago. Its images have stayed with me, improving my understanding and putting everything that I may have heard of read into a better light. I am to a further extent able make my own inferences about unclear aspects in the revolt. During the video I was able to write down many notes, writing down many interesting facts that I may not pick up in a book or article on the internet increasing my knowledge of the revolt.

THE STATUE OF CLAUDIUS’ HEAD/BODY, THE TEMPLE OF CLAUDIUS, AND THE RED LAYER OF ASH

These primary pieces of material which date straight back from the days of the revolt are great sources in understanding the ruthlessness and anger that the Iceni felt and used against the Romans. The decapitated head of the statue of Claudius, found in a river, and evidence of a completely flattened Temple of Claudius give me a better insight into the feelings of the Iceni towards the Romans. The red layer of ash, which is still present in some parts of Britain today, reinforces the ideas of how the Iceni felt about the Romans. It provides evidence that the revolt for the Celts, was a serious rebellion against the Roman Empire.

TACITUS’ WRITINGS FROM THE ANNALS

The writings of Tacitus are insightful because he was the closest historian to the time of Boudicca's revolt of 60AD. He provides great details into what happened involving Boudicca, the Iceni and the Romans at the time and gives speeches of what he supposes Boudicca and Suetonius Paulinus may have said before battle which really helps me understand the context of the battle to a higher degree. Being closer to that era gives me confidence on his knowledge of Boudicca and Rome than we could today without his writings. He has provided a great source of information about the revolt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)