bout accg 253 (1 Viewer)

isaac_0610

HSC
how 's ur accg 253 going?

because I heard my friend said that it was hard in the exam.

And he got 72 / 80 in mid sem but only got a PC in the final result

poor him

And i m going to take 253 in the coming sem..........so worry..........

HSC
Ohk well look:

I got 71/80 for mid sem, 10/10 for tutorial hw etc and my final mark was 56...

The Unit Cov was just terrible and the unit itself was a mess, including the final exam.

Next semester you will have a different Unit Cov but still I think this unit needs a complete makeover.

Most of my mates had marks of 40+/50 and all received a fail last night...

60% failure rate im guessing? ... do the math.

isaac_0610

HSC
why dun u apply for a exam script viewing?

unit outline said 50 % of coursework and 50% of final(i know it's lying)

and student must pass the final exam in order to pass the subject

even u got 50 out of 100 in the final exam, u deserve a Cr in overall

tajid73

HSC
There's always scaling. That's why your final marks are always not the sum of your real marks. They will not give you a Cr if your final was only pass (high pass might still be possible to get cr) so in his case if his final was only like 50% (let's say), then he wouldn't be able to get cr for sure even if the total of his marks were 70(let's say).

That happened to me before when my total mark was 77 but I only got 72 because my final was a low credit. I viewed my paper and appealed and found out about all these.

Last edited:

isaac_0610

HSC
wat did mq say bout ur case?

sighhh, i got 63, I am going to appeal definitely !

tajid73

HSC
Me?? I can't remember the exact words but it's something like what I said before. I won't be able to get a D if I only could achieve a low Cr in final. And from what I know most X3 (63,73) marks were rounded down because of this reason.

isaac_0610

HSC
63 in another subject i took this sem

I got 42.8 / 50 in coursework

but in final my exam was 63 !! omg !!

Should i appeal for this, becoz I am confidence I did well in final exam

and my effort for this subject deserve at least a Cr !!

tajid73

HSC
63 in another subject i took this sem

I got 42.8 / 50 in coursework

but in final my exam was 63 !! omg !!

Should i appeal for this, becoz I am confidence I did well in final exam

and my effort for this subject deserve at least a Cr !!
Well if your are confident with it go for it. But make sure you see the paper first before appealing. They will only approve your appeal if there is any mark discrepancy. They will not approve your application if your reasons for applying are just "I am confident etc etc" or "I saw my paper and I think for question 1 I deserve more marks". But all the best for your appeal.
I already appealed 3 times and only once succeeded (in sibt), I went from 43 to 75 (I was so confident there's no way I could have failed the unit)

Last edited:

isaac_0610

HSC
Well if your are confident with it go for it. But make sure you see the paper first before appealing. They will only approve your appeal if there is any mark discrepancy. They will not approve your application if your reasons for applying are just "I am confident etc etc" or "I saw my paper and I think question 1 I deserve more marks). But all the best for your appeal.
I already appealed 3 times and only once succeed (in sibt), I went from 43 to 75 (I was so confident there's no way I could have failed the unit)
wat exactly do u mean by mark discrepancy???

I guest it should be something like question 1 I deserve more marks ...

tajid73

HSC
Mark discrepancies are something like the sum of your final exam paper marks was wrong (you should have got 70 but you only got 64) or the SNG mark you got was so different from your raw marks.

I might be wrong though, but that's what I read and heard.

isaac_0610

HSC
ohhh, i thought exam script viewing is also a kind of checking our paper by comparing with the correct answer.

blackrider89

HSC
I got around 45/50 4 the coursework 2 and got an overall of 60 lol. But when I considered the fact that heaps of my m8s failed the unit I felt a bit relieved (using the method of an character from East Asian literature, AQ, self-satisfied LMAO).

This unit sucked and the LIC was even muck more.

blackrider89

HSC
how 's ur accg 253 going?

because I heard my friend said that it was hard in the exam.

And he got 72 / 80 in mid sem but only got a PC in the final result

poor him

And i m going to take 253 in the coming sem..........so worry..........
Don't. Roslinda Lim is as bad as Ryle Perera (even if he read my thread, I must specify his name here, who cares lol?). Try ACCG 252 instead? At least the LIC is better (who can be worse than Ryle?).

isaac_0610

HSC
I got around 45/50 4 the coursework 2 and got an overall of 60 lol. But when I considered the fact that heaps of my m8s failed the unit I felt a bit relieved (using the method of an character from East Asian literature, AQ, self-satisfied LMAO).

This unit sucked and the LIC was even muck more.
actually wat is the passing rate of accg 253 ?

JACKYSUN20

HSC
Including PC, it should be 55-65% this sem and the last one. 1st of 2009, higher I suppose.
hi, man , does a 253 PC have to re-enrol again for next term? can 200/201/250/253 all these double fail rule apply to PCs????

:spzz:

Monstar

HSC
hi, man , does a 253 PC have to re-enrol again for next term? can 200/201/250/253 all these double fail rule apply to PCs????

:spzz:
If you PC a subject it doesn't put you at danger for the 2 fail rule.

Depending on what your majoring in, a PC 253 might suffice. If your accounting major, which i suspect you are, then i can't think of many subject off the top of my head that require a P for 253. Better check up on that. Finance on the other hand.. you might need a P for some subjects.

Imo, your in the clear.

As for accreditation, i wouldnt worry too much about that, you get 2 PCs or something.. worst comes to worst your future employer is forced to make you do a bridging course to substitute your PC in 253.

blackrider89

HSC
If you PC a subject it doesn't put you at danger for the 2 fail rule.

Depending on what your majoring in, a PC 253 might suffice. If your accounting major, which i suspect you are, then i can't think of many subject off the top of my head that require a P for 253. Better check up on that. Finance on the other hand.. you might need a P for some subjects.

Imo, your in the clear.

As for accreditation, i wouldnt worry too much about that, you get 2 PCs or something.. worst comes to worst your future employer is forced to make you do a bridging course to substitute your PC in 253.
We overseas guys are a bit different man. We must have our qualifications accredited then proceed to get PR...then try 2 find a job. Quite many phases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)