BOW 2008 - what are your ideas (1 Viewer)

LinzyHodge

HSC
Nascent, sounds like a cool idea! Would be very interesting to see.

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
nascent said:
well im doing a collection of photographs based around scenes, images, motifs & symbols in books.

ill give an example of one...for Paradise Lost by Milton i've chosen the last scene where adam and eve are stepping out of the garden of eden. im doing a modern interpretation with two people standing on grass with a city scape ahead of them, apple cores will be scattered around (eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge).

im doing other books like... v for vendetta, the destructors, nausea...

tell me what u guys think =]

if you can do edgar allen poe you will be my idol forever and a day

adriana08

HSC
nascent said:
well im doing a collection of photographs based around scenes, images, motifs & symbols in books.

ill give an example of one...for Paradise Lost by Milton i've chosen the last scene where adam and eve are stepping out of the garden of eden. im doing a modern interpretation with two people standing on grass with a city scape ahead of them, apple cores will be scattered around (eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge).

im doing other books like... v for vendetta, the destructors, nausea...

tell me what u guys think =]
wow it sounds really good!

good luck in making it though it'll need a lot of time and patience...

i agree with may-cat^^ the more i hear about all your works - the more i think mine is not good enough!
i think its because we have such high expectations of our works....also the fact that we've probably gone through our idea about a hundred times whereas we hear all the other ideas for the first time. i think i'm starting to regret starting this thread!!! :shy:
no i'm actually enjoying reading what all of you are going to make...so thankyou to everyone who is keeping me happy lol...i can't wait to see everyone's works when they're completed. i'm sure we'll all do just fine!!!

keep posting:uhhuh:

Meen

HSC
I've changed my idea's a few times now, and found the right one with only a few days left to submit the work we've done! Haha.
I'm going to be doing something about, Graffiti as a lifestyle, and in that a collection of work. Pieces on walls with spray paint, canvas works of pieces and 80's New York characters and a short film.
The film will be interviewing people about their views, what graffiti is, ie. The types.
Kind of informative, etc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4f7EGxKYEU
There's a quick draft for monday, which I didn't render properly so it's a bit messed up.
(I'll upload more and update here)

Here's some quick canvas work..

HSC
xclusv-aj said:
So far my idea is to sort of do a personal documentation form through images of the yr12 HSC experience using images i take and editing them using photoshop.
dude. thats the best idea ever! *snaps for maddog*

D

dillay

I havent really started mine physically. i got my idea and im putting it together peice by peice but im afriad im not going to finish im time. i have 7 - 8 drawings to do :/, all realism D:

im feeling the stress :/

UnderNoIllusion

HSC
gee wizz! i love all your ideas,
im so thrilled about the hsc! mainly the art part of it all!!!!

i would love to get into art express but hay...cant have everything!

my art work is a massive thick paper peice [which i've yet to measure] lol , and its a drawing of people out of my family made to each tell a certain detail or happening of there lives..eg mother - 2 marriges and blind to things around her [ metaphorically blind btw]...

and recently i have choosen to do a second peice - of a series of 6 images - eihter pastel/charcoal/pencil drawings of multiple sceneries...im stoked:giddy:!!!
i cant wait to see how it turns out!!

art is like the main subject i focus on! been doing it since yr 7!
i wish every other visual arts hsc student the best in there works and hope it goes great!

betty xx

LinzyHodge

HSC
I'm doing (attempting) fashion photography. Basically, my concept is an interpretation of the story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. And if you don't know the story I guess it could just be interpretted as looking for hope.

Its just very colourful, photos with text on top using a very dodgy point and shoot and photoshop.

I've just got to add the text and I'm all good to print. Got to work out a way to display it also.

Sophirr

HSC
Wow, everyones sound so good. Ah, Im getting pretty stressed out about mine. I agree, when hearing about other peoples works, i feel like mines not go enough. does anyone else ever feel like, they cant draw or whatever cos they arn't in the mood. Well, I've been in that mood the whole half year....

For my BOW I am creating a hardcover A3 landscape book, which is a physical 35 non literal self portrait of whats inside my heart and head. Like all my ideas spilling onto the pages. I have done heaps of paintings all from my child hood and feelings etc, but now im confused whether to put them onto card or...

What date is this ment to be due to be sent away. and can i access these dates on The board of studies?

Ah stressing. :(

Everyones Ideas seem AMAZING! Im just hopeing people dont end up doing the same thing as me.

Hey Indie! your idea is great!, How about this for a title
"I dream of a murder" or somthing, Ha what a pun thats cool.

Good luck everyone! :D

Ja!On

HSC
ayy all ... my idea I hope is different... I was at my little cuz bday when this just popped into my head ... the theme was heroes and there were loads of little batman’s , superman’s and spidermen’s running around ... the whole time I was thinking what is a hero .. Y do we say hero and think comic book heroes and not the real men and women of our world that save life’s as a job?

So my idea is to make 2 comic books ... instead of drawing I am taking photos of our heroes (fire fighters, doctors, life savers) and making a comic book on them.

Bill Henson photographer

then

with the second comic book... Playing with Photoshop... I am going to put these "comic heroes” into my photos doing the spectacular and so on ...

comic artist Frank miller

if anyone has any feedback please say always in need of ideas
Thanks

courtody

HSC
hey guys.
first post :)

all of your ideas seem so amazing, i'm really annoyed that i haven't gotten myself into gear.. that and my materials took ages to arrive from Eckersleys/S&S.

i'm doing a series of shirt & tote combos, each looking at different aspects of consumerism. i'm sketching up prints, converting them to photoshop, polishing them up, printing them out and then transferring them to printing film and screening them onto my white shirts & calico totes.
i'm focusing on the way consumerism and technology runs the modern society, and how the environment is slowly declining due to this.
my shirts are going to be presented ontop of boxes, a kind of ironic mass-production concept :)
i'm hoping to start screening very soon, i'm yet to scalpel my designs into the solvent film.. a goal for this week :)

what do you think?

williamwfan

HSC
Hi guys,

Hope you're not stressing too much for your trials atm.

I'm an 06 student and I'll be opening VA classes for Yr 11-Yr 12 students for the theoretical and practical side.

My BOW was a set of drawings which got accepted into the Art Express 06 Exhibition and my final mark was 96 for theory.

Just for your info, I had a private tutor for VA last year, and she helped me establish a better idea of the theories and also helped me alot with my final Artwork.

I'm offering a free first class for all students, so if you're interested send me an email at williamwfan@hotmail.com or give me a call on 0422 236 336.

lilymaree

Boreddd :o
HSC
My BOW is dedicated to my uncle who commited suicide late last year.

So far i have a 2x1 black canvas. A b&w figure painted in the middle using acrylic and lots of impasto. 3D words around, and some cogs and bright colours representing the state of mind, coming from the figures head.

Im starting to get a bit scared, not long till the works get locked up. I need to do something else, but i cant think of what. All the other ideas on here seem so good compared to mine :(

Good luck everyone!

er1nxo

HSC
LinzyHodge said:
I'm doing (attempting) fashion photography. Basically, my concept is an interpretation of the story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. And if you don't know the story I guess it could just be interpretted as looking for hope.

Amazing the different ways that story can be interpreted... It was my inspiration too, except my BOW is an installation of a shiiitload of origami cranes attached to a huge wooden frame.

LinzyHodge

HSC
er1nxo said:
Amazing the different ways that story can be interpreted... It was my inspiration too, except my BOW is an installation of a shiiitload of origami cranes attached to a huge wooden frame.
Lol thats awesome! I'd really like to see it, sounds really sweet!

Emmarr

HSC
Mine was all about the circus. I did c.o.w where i had digital media and paintings. I had many stereotypical icons of a circus, e.g tent, ferris wheel, lions, clowns. they were all black and white with only a streak of colour through the picture. I had four paintings, one of a clown, one of a tiger and the other two were signs. I am really pleased with my work, i have circus music playing with my BOW as well as lights wrapped around my canvases to create the atmosphere i wanted.

i like my work but compared to what i have heard i dont think it is possible for me to make art express, all your works have some depth and meaning behind it, mine was made purely for enjoyment and fun.

I kinda wish i stuck with my other idea where i was going to draw 9 different animals eyes ( including humans) and make a food chain sort of thing. I thinkk that has more depth behind it.

oh well. Well done everyone on fantastic works, im sure some of these will have to make Art express.

3quartersquare

HSC
Emmarr said:
Mine was all about the circus. I did c.o.w where i had digital media and paintings. I had many stereotypical icons of a circus, e.g tent, ferris wheel, lions, clowns. they were all black and white with only a streak of colour through the picture. I had four paintings, one of a clown, one of a tiger and the other two were signs. I am really pleased with my work, i have circus music playing with my BOW as well as lights wrapped around my canvases to create the atmosphere i wanted.

i like my work but compared to what i have heard i dont think it is possible for me to make art express, all your works have some depth and meaning behind it, mine was made purely for enjoyment and fun.

I kinda wish i stuck with my other idea where i was going to draw 9 different animals eyes ( including humans) and make a food chain sort of thing. I thinkk that has more depth behind it.

oh well. Well done everyone on fantastic works, im sure some of these will have to make Art express.
Yours sounds just as awesome! don't compare yourself to other's concepts. Mine was also purely for fun. I pulled a Koons on my work and didn't actually "create" most of it myself. My "concept" was that I really don't want to be doing the hsc at all, and if i had it my way, this year i would be travelling and meeting new and interesting people and seeing the world. so i created a sort of alter-ego called Super Peanut who I made into about fifty plush toys and mailed off all over the world with the help of his own personal myspace. i also created a passport for him, and collaged his dreams of all these different places. people then sent me back photos and video from all over the world (he's been to spain to africa, america, the uk, etc) his journey sort of turned him into a mini rockstar and his ego grew a tad, so i made a mockumentary about how this unlikely super hero (who actually doesn't have any powers apart from being salted) had turned into a super brat. i made tour posters and tickets in different languages, mounted some photos whilst putting the rest in albums, and packed it all up into a travel suitcase with instructions for the markers to unpack peanuts belonings (the idea that they too go on a journey). et voila. a body of work.

3quartersquare

HSC
jessyy said:
im basing my major around split personality. im making a video, paintings, scupltures and photography all based around it. im trying to bring alot of dada into my artwork as i love the style. i just want my audience to feel something when they look at it, even if they feel sick ill see it as a success!
creepy. my original idea was EXACTLY this. even down to the dada references. i actually started playing around with it quite alot before i found it too draining to complete.

dsfproductionz

HSC
hey does anyone know what to put in the credits for a short film as an art major? apart from the student id number? thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)