BOW help ! (1 Viewer)

1PAKI2C

HSC
Hey people, I am doing my BOW related to cars. Can anyone can give me some hints or tips or ideas on what to relate to or what kind of works to do.
I am just confused, I am just drawing, and researching different kind of cars and including all this in my BOW.

Just confused on what else to do, that will get the markers attention.

imnotwallace

HSC
define... why do you want to do 'cars'.

The tragedy of car crashes? (That might be a bit emotionally cliche. It'd have to be good.)
The love of cars? (could go well - just make it a superbly technical work)
The use of a car as a metaphor? (e.g. Life is like a car ride.)
The memories of your car?
The embodiment of your (or friends') personality/personalities in/as a car(s)?
You could try looking at some design brief styled artworks (I'm not sure where to find them) that featured architecture or so and see how they use seemingly purely technical briefs (like cars) to present an artwork.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
If you can produce technically awesome artworks then I say just create a body of work of paintings and drawings of cars (it is definitely possible to get good marks by doing this). Different styles of painting and drawing, colour schemes.
Is there a particular car that interests you? You could study the "evolution" of a particular car.
Tip: watch Top Gear (which you probably do already).

1PAKI2C

HSC
Thanks for the ideas
um yeah i just really like cars, dont really know what else to do in my VA bow, because everybody else have like emotional, really different kind of ideas from what I want to do.

Because I think if i just keep doing a variery of drawings and paintings of cars, it would be boring and dont think the marker would like much.

I am thinking of researching the different kind of innovative cars e.g. Hybrid cars, Smart cars.

If you have any good ideas on to help me or give me any tips please do :)
Thanks !

isabe

HSC
Have you heard of Margaret Dodd? She's done a series of ceramic cars, but in a really quirky way, like by dressing them up as a bride or squashing it or something like that. They're very cute and if you want to do something different from drawing or painting you should take a look.

1PAKI2C

HSC
isabe thanks thats a good idea.
Anybody else have any interesting ideas ? :)
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)